Model Cars Magazine Forum

lets see some motor

Car Man

My 1/12 scratch-built BAE style Hemi, awaiting more work and a car to run it in. :lol:

All accept the blower (modified Revell unit), pulleys and assorted nuts and bolts was scratch-built using a 1/24 Revell T/Fuel motor as a starting guide.

DSCF7988-vi.jpg

DSCF7990-vi.jpg

• 1 year later...

There was discussion of Phil Castronovo Custom Body decals on page 2 of this discussion. I finished them, then Chuck Boerner took my graphics and improved them. He is selling a 1/25 version of the decal on eBay, and you can see it and his other decals on his Photobucket page. I am having trouble pasting here, but if you google stang1forever photobucket you will find his page. Chris

W409, those carbs are works of art! Whoops it posted twice, but those are nice carbs!

Thanks Chris! Usually carburetors are really unrealistic straight from the box, so I thought I should try to make them a bit realistic by adding a couple of details and painting them. The carbs on that Impala are detailed without any Photo Etch parts and on the Hemi I used PE parts... It sure makes a difference. Those fuel line fittings are scratchbuilt and they are far from perfect, though.

Hi, This is my first post on the Forum...I took up the hobby after a 40 year layoff about 3 years ago. This engine is Ford 351W with Arias Hemi heads...twin turbo...lenco..mostly made of solder, aluminum, real titanium, plastic block and heads (all scratch) & a few aftermarket aluminum pieces. About 12 months building it off and on. I can provide more detail on the engine if you're interested. It's 1/25th scale btw.

http://public.fotki.com/Steppenwolf56/henry-j-twin-turbo/henry-j-twin-turbo-59.html#media