Model Cars Magazine Forum

Went with my girlfriend today to the Dodge dealer to get her truck worked on. She loves the Chrysler 300 as well as I do. So I went to the sales dept., and asked if they had any brochures of it, and the Dodge Ram pick-up. I figured he would come back with a little pamplete on them, instead he came out with 2 very thick coffee table book size brochures, both 2013. I laughed and said, do you have the new Viper? and he went back into the closet and gave me the 2013 book size Viper brochure, which has all the information on the Viper. Different paint schemes, different wheels, engine information... EVERYTHING! The 300 and the Ram brochures has all the different option lists and models. Greatest trip to a dealership I've ever been on!!! B)

If the dealer is cheap they do not hand things out. If you had been in for service they might have gave in to your request . That being said they should have gave you stuff. Back in my early 20's they would not give me anything at any dealers around here . Now in my 40's they hand over a ton. LOL

Interesting. Back in the old days, dealers had racks full of brochures and they didn't care if you loaded up. Even when I was 11 years old, I'd walk to the local Chevy dealer and take what I wanted, no questions asked. Later on, as I was a brochure collector, I hit dealers in the 1980s and found that while some of them still had racks, many kept brochures under cover and only handed them out when warranted. I think the change was that the dealers originally got brochures for free, but later on the manufacturers started charging them.

It's interesting that Chrysler is doing extensive brochures. I figured that we'd see less and less paper since everyone does their research on the Internet now.