Model Cars Magazine Forum

Over all, this is not the a great kit, its full of sink marks, the fit of the parts is not that great, but thats what you get from gets that are from tooling as old as this is from.

Got a little bit more done, started working getting the ridge done on the rear, using .15 sheet stock and some putty

IMG_0139_zps1280b8ef.jpg

IMG_0140_zps108bed3a.jpg

and started working on the interior , using another piece of .15 sheet stock to cover the ribs on the floor

IMG_0119_zps9f968daf.jpg

and did the same at the rear, and for the front part, last minute idea, I covered the floor with masking tape, then painted it, it gives the floor a little bit of texture

IMG_0120_zps21fd2b22.jpg

and here is what the interior looks like now, still have clean up to do, but this is it for the detail, as you really wont be able to see this once the interior is in the body

IMG_0122_zpsb54af54b.jpg

and here is a mock up with the back up plan mast in place

IMG_0142_zps55805fb8.jpg

IMG_0143_zpsc55716a7.jpg

and it fully erect

IMG_0141_zps5728ab84.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

If i see your interieur, have you planed to open the doors?

No plans for opening doors on this, I am probably going to another one, and that one I would like to open up the doors

Lookin' great so far! The good part is that you don't have to fine finish the roof with the platform on it. You'll have your hands full getting the sides flattened out. Keep on going, we're watching!

That is very true, and thankful for that as well :lol: , I have had my fill of body work for a little bit

Edited by martinfan5

It's a very ambitious project, but you've suceeded in doing the hardest part very well! I expect you'll have a lot of fun adding all the little details, and it looks like you've got it all planned out already, so keep plugging away, you've done a great job so far!

Bob

Hey Jonathan, on that drip rail, I would suggest just sanding it completely off, do your bodywork and after your happy with the bodywork, you can glue a piece of brass or styrene "L" shaped stock back in the drip rail location. That way, it won't get in the way of your bodywork and will be perfectly straight all the way across the sides.

Also, if you have any questions about those news vans, I may be able to help as I used to build the real ones.