Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hardcastle & McCormick GMC Pickup

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Can anyone that has this kit confirm or deny if the tailgate has GMC engraved on it or if its blank?

Posted · Report post

what company made the kit?

Posted · Report post

MPC.

I don't have one, but have the 4x4 Short box 84 that shares chassis & cab.

Posted · Report post

Can anyone that has this kit confirm or deny if the tailgate has GMC engraved on it or if its blank?

the GMC badging is, IIRC, a separate panel to mount on the tailgate, for the higher trim level.

Art

Posted (edited) · Report post

The latest AMT release and the older MPC Fall Guy release both have the full-width bed with a separate trim piece for the emblem. The Hardcastle & McCormick version has the stepside bed shared with the MPC annual Chevy pickup kits.

hardcastle.jpg

The box art shows a GMC emblem on the tailgate but I'm not sure if it's a decal or if it's engraved.

hardcastle2.jpg

And, of course, the box and tailgate is the only part of the kit that our beloved pj-toys doesn't have for sale. :rolleyes:

Edited by kataranga

Posted · Report post

I guess it pays to dig through eBay's completed listings! I managed to find an auction for one of these kits that has been opened (which is seemingly the exception rather than the rule). The tailgate is engraved AND there is a decal.

hardcastle3.jpg

hardcastle4.jpg

And to top it all off, it has a bench seat! And tinted windows! I'm going to be keeping my eye out for one of these... :)