Model Cars Magazine Forum

Special order pickup?

I saw this yesterday and wondered if this would have been a special order.

IMG_20130303_113203.jpg

I don't recall ever seeing a standard cab dually. I may have before extended cabs and crew cabs became the norm, but it would have been years ago. Anybody know if it would have been a S. O.? Now I want to build one.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

Most likely was a special order but I don't think Ford makes a lot of them. Could have been a cab/chassis combo originally and then the bed was added either at the dealership or by the owner. I remember seeing a few trucks over the years like that but most of them were old work trucks that had the work bed (tow body, dump body, etc.) removed and a used bed added.

At one time Ford had a short bed dually, usually with an extended cab or crew cab, not sure if they still have that available. Those were interesting to see!

Build it!

It seems I remember my Agri teacher in high school had a standard cab dually Chevy. It just looks odd in this era of mega, quad, super, extended cab trucks now days. I think I will build it, but I'd like to find a similar year pickup kit. Really don't want to go the resin or die cast route. Not that there is anything wrong with them. Just more comfortable with a kit.

Later-

Those are pretty standard to see around here...mainly on dealer lots...but if you want to build one....get the revell dually kit (ford) thats about the newest you can go....unless you scratch one or what im doing is creating one for a cheverlot ...Now if you want to build that particular year there "Will" be resin stuff out hopefully in another year or two!? :P

Have to agree, quite common. The regular cab is the standard but it does seem more of lately are extended cab and crew cabs.

Anyway, no kit is made and the only resin I found was the emergency crew cab truck and they wouldn't sell just the cab. Although diecast this might be the easiest way to build one in 1/25. F-350 extended cab 4x4 dually. Looks pretty simple to remove the back doors.

SPCFordF350DuallyBlu_52508LF-vi.jpg

Matchbox made an 1/24th scale F350 dually diecast about 10 years ago, I don't recall if it was a regular cab or extended cab. Late model regular cab pickups of any form are pretty uncommon around here, I mostly see extended and crew cab PUs....

Matchbox made an 1/24th scale F350 dually diecast about 10 years ago, I don't recall if it was a regular cab or extended cab. Late model regular cab pickups of any form are pretty uncommon around here, I mostly see extended and crew cab PUs....

I have seen a lot of this style Ford P/U diecast, but they are all 1/35th scale, I did do a search a few days ago after I saw the Ford Fire truck thread, and could not find any 1/24th scale , it was smaller, so these are going to be hard to find now

I found the Matchbox one on eBay...I think I have one in storage in silver w/ Texaco graphics...here's a Coke one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-24-G-Scale-Coca-Cola-Coke-Ford-F-350-Diecast-Pickup-Truck-/160982173650?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item257b4907d2

Rob, what key words did you use for the search, I when I did, I did Matchbox ford pickup

That is a little bit more then I am willing to pay for a diecast :lol:

Rob, what key words did you use for the search, I when I did, I did Matchbox ford pickup

'Matchbox Ford F350'

There was also a Texaco-livery wrecker version. The Texaco one I have is this--http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEXACO-MATCHBOX-99-FORD-F-350-PICK-UP-TRUCK-1-25th-MIB-NEW-/150997957726?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23282dfc5e but IIRC I paid under $20 for it back around '00. Matchbox had a 1/24th Dodge Power Wagon then also (the '40s era one).

Edited by Rob Hall