Model Cars Magazine Forum

New introduction

Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Scott, 30 yrs old from Northern Wisconsin. I'm just getting back into modeling after about a 12 yrs. I got into modeling as a kid from my dad and uncles and now am getting my dad back into it too. I'm big into racing (especially dirt racing) and hot rods. I have a 57 chevy pickup that my grandpa had restored from the ground up about 15 yrs ago (you can see a pic in my avatar). I haven't started a new build yet as i'm going to be expanding my man cave/ gaming room. I post some pics of my space now and more when I finish my expansion. I'm looking forward to being part of the community and learning some new tips and tricks.

Scott

post-11597-0-30145700-1362418494_thumb.j

post-11597-0-03286900-1362418505_thumb.j

post-11597-0-39749000-1362418509_thumb.j

Hey Scott, yeah i'm a big diecast collector too, My prize cars in my collection are probably: 1/8 Davey Allison's car and a 1/8 Dale Sr. car, a 1/24 Dale Sr. silver paint scheme car and Dale Sr.'s 1/24 pink K2 car.

Hey Andy, I'm in Ladysmith probably about 100 or so miles west of Rhinelander on highway 8!

Hey Scott, yeah i'm a big diecast collector too, My prize cars in my collection are probably: 1/8 Davey Allison's car and a 1/8 Dale Sr. car, a 1/24 Dale Sr. silver paint scheme car and Dale Sr.'s 1/24 pink K2 car.

Hey Andy, I'm in Ladysmith probably about 100 or so miles west of Rhinelander on highway 8!

Oh, Ladysmith...I know a couple that live there, Bob and Kathy Elia. I worked with Bob in Waukesha till he retired. We worked at Spancrete together and he was my crane operator. Haven't been over that way, but I know where it is.

Mine would have to be my 1/18th scale Buick Gran Sport GSX Stage 1's. I have the yellow and black one and the black and gold one. Have quite a few Earnhardt diecast as well. All 1/24th scale.

Thanks Richard and Carl!

Andy, the name really sounds familiar just can't put a face to it. We're a small town and with working at part stores for many years, I have meet a lot of people.

I'm sure you've met him before as a customer. He was always tinkering on something and getting parts for it. I haven't talked to him in a while, but last I heard he was rebuilding his GMC P/U again with 400,000+ miles on it after it was T-boned in an accident.

Well Andy, I was over at my dad's and asked him who Bob was, no wonder the name rang a bell, He's good friends with my parents neighbors. My dad also told me that (I think Kathy) was in an accident with the red tahoe they have 2 days ago. I don't no many details but I no they shut the highway down because of it. It couldn't have been to bad because I think Bob drove it away from the towing garage the next day.

Well Andy, I was over at my dad's and asked him who Bob was, no wonder the name rang a bell, He's good friends with my parents neighbors. My dad also told me that (I think Kathy) was in an accident with the red tahoe they have 2 days ago. I don't no many details but I no they shut the highway down because of it. It couldn't have been to bad because I think Bob drove it away from the towing garage the next day.

Man...not another one. I'm definately gonna have to give them a call. Maybe even visit them this spring when I get up north.