Resin 88 & up Chevy Extended cab short bed frame

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Does anyone know if there is a resin extended cab short bed fram avaliable for the AMT 1500 truck kits?

Posted · Report post

Does anyone know if there is a resin extended cab short bed fram avaliable for the AMT 1500 truck kits?

Have fun kit bashing, because i highly doubt there is.

Posted · Report post

Seems like the way to proceed is to take a shortbed kit (either the 454 SS or stepside kit) and the longbed extended cab snap kit and do some cut and pasting...

Posted · Report post

Seems like the way to proceed is to take a shortbed kit (either the 454 SS or stepside kit) and the longbed extended cab snap kit and do some cut and pasting...

Or two cabs and frames plus the shortbed.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Or two cabs and frames plus the shortbed.

The extended cab body and interior already exists w/ the snap kit, I'd hunt down one of those rather than waste time and effort cutting up two cabs to make one. Take the snap kit, shorten the frame, and use the bed from the short bed kit.

Edited by Rob Hall

Posted · Report post

The cab already exists w/ the snap kit.

Yeah, but those snap kits tend to be a little more expensive/rare than say the USA-1s.

Posted · Report post

There is a snap kit with the right cab and I do believe there is a Promo with the right cab.

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the info,I have the promos and a bed. I thought at one time somebody cast the frame.i have a resin crewcab long bed resin frame.

Posted (edited) · Report post

The full detail crew cab frame AND ext cab long bed frame were done in resin, But the ext cab short bed frame never was, kinda surprising too. Best way is to get the ext cab long bed frame from modelhaus and cut it up and use it with the 454ss/stepside frame.

Edited by JamesW

Posted · Report post

When I made the replica of my brother in laws 94, I used two frames from the tahoe kit to do the extended cab shortbed!