1/25 AMT Ford C-600 City Delivery Truck

30 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

It appears this'll be a straight reissue of the NAPA version from the '70s, only this time with Pepsi decals. Not sure if the Ford C-600/800 was reissued with the cargo box after the NAPA version, though.

product.jpg

Posted · Report post

I do like this. Hope I can save up enough to get one!!

Posted · Report post

I have this kit im converting it to a service truck

Posted · Report post

It appears it'll be a straight reissue of the NAPA version from the '70s, only this time with Pepsi decals? Not sure if the Ford C-600/800 was reissued with the cargo box after the NAPA version, though.

Round 2's website says it's the first time it's been available with the Trailmobile box in DECADES (hey it's in bold on there - figured the emphasis was important).

Posted (edited) · Report post

It would be cool if they included the Pepsi machine and the dolly.

Wouldn't it be cool if this reissue was Pepsi and had the beverage truck body?

4433826472_7847de71a2_z.jpg

Edited by Repstock

Posted · Report post

Is this kit pretty much the same as the tractor and stake bed versions above the frame rails and rearward of the cab, save for the second, shorter set of chassis rails for the tractor version and the misc. brooms, barrels, etc?

The frame in the C-600 box truck has long straight rails like the Louisville and a much longer wheel base than the C-600 Stake truck.

That answers my earlier question.

I haven't found an '70s nor '80s style soda machines via Google yet.

Howza about?

http://www.hlj.com/product/DZYRS24011

Granted it's pretty price, and the uber-eeeeeevil 1/24, but I think that's your best bet if you want a period correct Pepsi machine.

Edited by niteowl7710

Posted · Report post

Scale Modeling by Chris has several different types of resin beverage vending machines. They are a very nice resin piece and they come with the Coke or Pepsi decals depending which one you order. Besides the Coke or Pepsi, there are a couple of other brands of soft drinks available.

Posted · Report post

Neat...is the box body the same as or similar to that in the Louisville Short Hauler kits?

Posted · Report post

Neat...is the box body the same as or similar to that in the Louisville Short Hauler kits?

The van body is exactly the same in the Ford C series kits and the Ford LN series kits according to this older post:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45068&hl=

Posted · Report post

Using Chuck's pic of a '59 from the 1:1 C-series reference topic found here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36901&page=0

IMG_1725-vi.jpg

I saw these 1/25 Ertl early C-series diecast models, but it probably wouldn't be worth buying one only to rob the headlight bezels and headlight lenses, and the lens locating pins appear to be huge:

ertlc6002.jpg

Posted · Report post

Seems to me headlights like those came in some old AMT kits as custom options?

Posted · Report post

I think someone also said to use the ones out of the Modern tool 58 EDSEL Pacer.

Posted · Report post

I think the headlights from one of the kw kits would work,if you were brave enough to try and cut the holes?I am pretty sure those were a standard size bulb in them,and the housings were just a universal type.Even the ones from the western star or reo kits are the same,only you dont need a hole to set them in,you would of course have to modify the existing hole for the large round lamp.The ones on the diecast trucks houldnt look right,they seem a little to big,not the right scale, Harvey

Posted · Report post

Never put a big truck together so I have a few questions .

Will the old car hauler body fit on this truck frame ?

Are they going to release the car hauler this year or did I misunderstand ?

I was fooled by the 50's era truck cab . :)

Posted · Report post

I assume the race car hauler they are reissuing this year is something like this..

5730486228_aa2d7a42d1.jpg

Posted · Report post

I thought that was the case. My late brother put that together years ago.

I wanted to build a different version of the hauler.

Very cool,now I need to dry slobber of the keyboard.

That top ( tire rack ) looks like the one on the Snake and Mongoose haulers.

Edited by 1930fordpickup

I built this one several years ago. I did have to extend the frame to fit the hauler body. Steve Prideaux[

post-1285-0-39439100-1363286322_thumb.jp

post-1285-0-69584400-1363286339_thumb.jp

Edited by Steve Prideaux

Posted · Report post

Nice looking racing rig Steve! B)

Posted · Report post

Back to an earlier question- yes, the trim piece and lenses from the new-tool AMT '58 Edsel will work for headlights if you want to build a '58-60 model (along with changes to the Ford C-XXX badges on the doors, which changed a little during those years) though you'd need to find the proper outer bezel for them. I can't verify this, but the '58-60 C-Series inner headlight trim looks very close to the '58 Edsel parts, and may well be the same part in 1:1. Again, can't verify that at this time, but in 1:25 the Edsel units would look just fine.

The three-bar custom grille from the AMT '53 F-100 can also cough up its lights for this conversion, though you'll need to thin them down quite a bit to look right. These are normally what I use when backdating the AMT kit to 'four eye' specs, because I always seem to have one of those grilles lying around unused. Plus, they have a thin outer bezel already in place- one last thing to hunt for or make for the conversion.

Basically, just do an online search for '58 to '60 C-Series trucks, study the headlights a little, get a feel for how they look, and then dig around in your spares box and see if you have something that'll work. B)

Posted · Report post

I don't know why almost all AMT versions of this kit is labeled C-600 as it's in fact a heavier chassis, I noticed the other day when I studied the cab in the newly re-issued Pepsi City Delivery truck that the badge on the doors says 800, i looked in my Stake Bed Truck kit and same there.
I have allways thought that the chassis and wheels were a bit beefy for a 600 wich is a lighter chassis but for a 800 or 900 it looks more believable.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Posted · Report post

Aren't they all based on the C-900 tractor?