Model Cars Magazine Forum

fao Gregg

jbwelda

I would really hate to see this forum go. I too think the vast majority of members do appreciate the time and effort that goes into a resource like this, so please don't let the ignorant few ruin it for everyone. Thanks for all the work you put in Greg, it really is appreciated.

I subscribe to the mag and love this forum. Many thanks to Gregg and everyone else that keeps this thing going. I actually enjoy reading the occasional nay-sayer, gives me food for thought. After all, if it weren't for the crazies I wouldn't look as sane!

Gregg, ever since l came to this forum l have been so pleased with all the content and people. l always stay positive or keep my mouth shut. l have ms and the forum is part of my day. please keep it going and anyone breaks the rules thats your choice on how to handle it....

Gregg, your forum motivates me to build. It's members teach me how to build. Your site is the window in which I get to display my efforts. I'm certain that's the spirit in which you and Jairus started this forum, and the spirit in which the vast population here values your forum.

I'm willing to bet there are also a few callous knuckleheads in Hawaii, but you would agree they don't in any way represent the island community. This forum is still the village you hoped it would be and the vast bulk of us (less vocal) visitors are immensely grateful for your hospitality.

150% agreement with ALL of the above. Like my friend Tom says about the magazine's delivery to subscribers, (and I know not all will agree with this, and if you don't, keep it to yourselves PLEASE). "We pay for 9 issues per year...... We get 9 issues per year... Why does it matter WHEN we get them..??" Yes deliveries could be more timely sometimes, but deal with it already..!! The Publisher will eventually get it worked out.

This Forum has helped so very many of us, if not ALL of us, to learn more about our hobby and to build better models. Negative comments, snarky remarks and personal attacks could ruin this place for ALL of us. Please, please, please do NOT let that happen. It has been said by more than a few people here that if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything. Let's ALL play by the rules here. Be nice and "share the Blue crayon". Gregg's rules are common sense rules. Besides, it's HIS ball so we "play by HIS rules". If you don't like the rules of THIS game, go find another one.

PS: As we used to say in the enforcement of laws and keeping of peace game, "Illegitimi non carborundum."

I have not been on here as much as I would like lately, but I just wanted to thank Gregg and the Mods and others who work hard for our enjoyment, I am trying to spend more time on the forums because of the knowledge and community here, I would be completely saddened if Gregg had to make such a drastic decision that would affect so many good people.

Please respect the rules, and as so many have stated, his rules, don't like 'em, just leave.

Me, I am sticking around because I think Danno has some cool illegal carburetors for sale, and I would like one for my next General Lee project. How cool.

Mike

Edited by bigmikevee

Greg has stated he is paying for this forum out of his own pocket, every month, every year and its obvious its a thankless task at times.

Some sites I belong to have a ' Donate ' which you simply click to make a donation of the amount of your choice.

Maybe this could be looked at here so we could give Greg something back and remove some of the burden he alone is carrying to host this forum.

Guest G Holding

I have learned more about people on this forum than in the real world....Most has not been pleasant.

Sorry for the delay, Back to praise .....

Every time the Forum goes down for a few hours I go into PANIC mode. I know I'm not the only one when I start receiving emails from others asking what is going on with the forum. No other forum that I know of is this easy to navigate and when you need help someone always steps up to the plate. Please keep it going!!! I hope you get any problems sorted out in time. Thanks Gregg and to all the moderators who I'm sure you couldn't do without.

Gregg, I joined this forum a short time ago. I left another forum because of the things you ran into lately on this forum. You are doing a magnificent job even though there are times I'm sure when you just want to give up. Don't!!!! It's because of this forum that my grandsons are taking an interest in building models. It's something we can pass down to another generation. So thank you for the hard work and dedication that you put in this forum.

Gregg...

The Awesome magazine and the incredible forum combine to make the modeling hobby one of the best experiences one can have, I look fwd to reading each and every issue of MODEL CARS and viewing all that is posted daily as i have the option of viewing not only by computer at home but by phone also and do so multiple times each day... I may not post as much as some but i do follow many threads and make positive comments when i feel that its appropriate... my opinion on someone else's builds is just that and i try to keep negative comments out of all my posts...i find it very disheartening that there are some out there that go out of their way to bring down a good thing with negativity...i was taught a long time ago that have a room full of sad or cranky people that someone come in that's happy may bring one or two up but get a room full of happy people and bring in one bad mood the WHOLE rooms demeanor goes down....the people who look to make trouble or pain enjoy when someone reacts to their comments...so all i can do is not react.... Gregg you are one Hell of a guy for doing all you do and please keep up the GREAT work you do.... Also to Harry, all the additional moderators and all who contribute to the Magazine and the forum....THANK YOU.... GOD BLESS

I left another forum because of the things you ran into lately on this forum. You are doing a magnificent job even though there are times I'm sure when you just want to give up. Don't!!!! It's because of this forum that my grandsons are taking an interest in building models. It's something we can pass down to another generation. So thank you for the hard work and dedication that you put in this forum.

I`ll second that!! Thanks Gregg, and everyone who participates.

Though I have been here a while now, I had been an active part of other communities before coming here. I rarely contribute to those forums anymore. It seems like there is a lot more passion here...people who really like this hobby. And the layout is so much cleaner and easier to use. At any time, I will have at least 5 tabs open that are pointing to some area of the modelcarsmag forum!

I've been back into building for about a year. I got in a serious ski accident and was immobile for months. Building scale cars again kept me sane as I could not walk or go to work. After finding this site I was introduced to a whole subculture that I never knew existed, but was instantly familiar with. Since then I've dived head first into model building and never looked back. Its because of the site and the mag.

I've been a subscriber for 6 months now and have been buying back issues like a mad man to develop a library. I've got about six years of issues and probably spend more time pouring over the awesome builds, great how tos, and everything else in the mag than I do at the bench! The forum is a great compliment to the mag and is a go-to page that I visit everyday. It's a big part of my life, and I admire what you have done Gregg. You are an inspiration and I draw on what you have done and try to apply it to my daily life.

As was said before, dont let a few clueless slobs ruin your day. For every hater, there's at least 10,000 dudes in your corner!!

Gregg, I joined this forum in 2009 and have gathered great education and inspiration from it. You have a tough job, and you're doing it well! I think you'll find that every forum or organization will have a small percentage of drama queens (kings?), braggarts, and jerks in general. I've learned to ignore those people, and not to let them decrease my enjoyment. I would have kicked some of them out long ago. Thanks for all your efforts. Hang in there!

Sam

Dang, Im gone for a week or two and I miss all the action. Maybe it was better I wasnt here for a stint ha ha. Regardless, I enjoy this forum and am glad to have met the great people Ive became friends with from visiting this forum. Great people, great hobby keep on building ya all.

I enjoy the MCM forum. I enjoy the magazine (I buy at a local train shop). They are both beneficial for the hobby of model cars.

It is really difficult to point blame at one person, or two people - and it really doesn't matter. Humans, while similar in so many ways, also differ greatly in thier ability to understand, cooperate, and see things from different perspectives. It makes communication even more difficult when in the form of writing - there is no inflection, no body language, no way to get past what you read and interpret from that - right or wrong. It's difficult and people who read a post or a PM need to understand that fact, step back and look at things from multiple views.

We are all here to learn and be inspired. We can also converse with people who like the same things as ourselves - models. I can't go to a coffee shop and find anybody willing to talk "model".

Carry on Gregg.

I would miss it, I need something to occupy my time at work.

I hear ya. I work customer service, at home, on third shift. I usually get about five calls in eight hours. This is about the only thing on the internet that can keep me awake that long. There's always something new and when I review older posts I've already seen, I still discover new things. With the craziness and disorganization of most of the other online model car forums I have seen, I would go as far as to say there would be a tremendous blow to the model building industry without this site.

I can't say that I blame Gregg for his zero tolerence stance. I'm not going to attack anyone because I try not to look at names too often when I see arguments on here. However, maybe if a few people get banned (no one specific), then they will inform others they know from the forum and the word will spread just how serious Gregg really is. Then maybe we can all just get back to building and appreciate our hobby along with what it brings to or draws from the world around us.

Edited by Skydime