Model Cars Magazine Forum

1958 Plymouth Pro Street Complete 4/14/13

I've read a bunch of threads by Tyrone and got inspired to pull this out of the box and get it on the bench. He had alot of good tips in his builds. I don't want a pro mod or outlaw as I wanted a carpeted interior and two seats.

I started by putting the race car wing on the stock '58 body. I also opened the trunk.

Picture007-vi.jpg

I used cage parts from various kits to get a decent pro-street style cage/frame

Picture001-vi.jpg

Picture002-vi.jpg

I've got a good start. It's all been mocked up, the interior fits the body perfectly. This will have a blown and injected Hemi. It's actually only my third drag car.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by am73grand

Thanks guys! Here are a few more pictures of my progress. The cage was pieced together from various sources:

Picture003-vi.jpg

The blue pieces are from a wrecked Subaru rally car. The pink are from the Matt and Debbie Hays pro street T-Bird. The white pieces are Evergreen rod .100 diameter. The Evergreen rods are a little big but I think once everything is in primer it will look OK. Plus I am not opening the doors so they are going to be hard to see anyway.

Here are the seats and the engine/transmission. The engine/bellhousing is from the US Army top fuel dragster. Tranny is from the '55 pro sportsman kit. Seats are from the Subaru Rally car.

Picture005-vi.jpg

I have a really different idea for the paint on this one.....Depending on what I do for paint I may use these wheels and tires on the front.

Picture008-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...