Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aluminum Fuel / Oil Tanks

My hard drive crashed awhile back, taking with it all of my "Favorites" listings of aftermarket suppliers.

I plan on starting a new funny car project with wheels from Micro Nitro.

Can someone tell me where I can find these tanks with photo etch brackets?

I've checked a number of the sites my feeble old mind could recall, but I'm coming up short.

Thanx

Sorry I wasn't more specific, but yes Chris. The round cylindrical moon tanks you would also see hanging on the front of a Gasser. I saw this type of tank on both John Teresi's and Shane Gans' Charlie Allen Funny Cars. Shane's are aluminum but appear to have an extra "hole" for a large fitting at the base, and knowing John, his may be Alclad.

Casey, Pro Tech is one of the sites I checked without luck. After checking Future Attraction, I only saw the rectangular style.

Thanx for the input.

Edited by WCS Racing

Sorry I wasn't more specific, but yes Chris. The round cylindrical moon tanks you would also see hanging on the front of a Gasser.

Ah, those were made by Detail Master and Pats by Parks, and they show up on ebay regularly, too. I didn't see any listed at Scale Dreams' 'site nor Detail Masters' own 'site, but they are out there.

LOL. Just found this on Evilbay:

Item 390336818099 is no longer available.
50 items found similar to

1 25 Detail Master Moon Gas Tanks Drag Aluminum Gasser

I'm going to contact Micro Nitro and see if he can make them for me. I'll have to scratch build the brackets if they don't fit the kit chassis.

Thanx again.

Edited by WCS Racing