Model Cars Magazine Forum

Started this project probably 3 years ago. I was planning on making it more of a "kustom" 50s show truck at the time. When I pulled it back out I was seeing more of a rat rod truck without all the rust and primer. Not much hasn't been modified on the body: chopped roof, pie cut hood, sectioned front fenders, filled nose with frenched headlights and grill opening, cab lowered, rear fenders made symmetrical and longer, frenched taillights, bed sides cut down (will be using the wooden sides), and rear cab indent filled smooth. The plan is to finish the truck as a curbside, layed out pretty low, stock kit white walls with steel wheels (maybe hub caps), satin metallic paint job, and the front bumper and grill will have a rust treatment to add just a touch of the rat rod feel. Sorry, my camera skills leave something to be desired.

IMG_5360_zpsefe4f998.jpg

IMG_5359_zps7b0a35e1.jpg

IMG_5358_zpsc9238718.jpg

IMG_5357_zps3adfbec5.jpg

I wasn't sure about the wood bed sides either. Not an original idea, there was an F1 in a contest issue of SA that used the wood sides instead of the bed, but with the fenders still mounted. Always kind of liked the look. Only time will tell how it will actually look with the contrast of color.