Model Cars Magazine Forum

Toyota Street Van

Faust

• 6 months later...

The way in which the Japanese interpret the use of vans as Street Machines is so wildly different from that in North America! It makes these customized vans really something else to look at. I think the Helicopter is neat, too, but from a custom van point of view, I really don't get it. :)

It's a shame these aren't repopped so that more people could get their hands on them!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that's what I was thinking!

What is this thing? Is it a HAM Radio thing, an aircraft fanboy airband scanner van, a Pirate Radio station or a mobile repair dock for Johnny 5? 

It's curious, cool and creepy... all at the same time! Well done Nichimo!

• 2 weeks later...

Nichimo doesn't still exist, does it? I haven't seen a Nichimo kit in a while. In fact, the last one I saw was the 1/200 VF-1 Valkyrie I got a few years ago!

I wonder what ever happened to these awesome moulds. They must be somewhere, right? I think it's time that Round 2 started digging up vintage Japanese moulds too. 

Anyone out there at Round 2 listening? I'll take some MAD POLICE and crazy street vans right now, thank you very much!

• 2 months later...

Wow, Nichimo lasted that long, eh?

I'm actually pretty surprised by that. I do hope that there's one day going to be a Japanese company that's the equivalent to our Round 2 that will repop these awesome kits.

On that note, I wonder if Round 2 would consider branching out across the pond, so to speak? :)