Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Need this rearend and frontend

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anybody know where I could get this rearend and frontend need it for a project I`m doing for customer. Any help would be great.

John Pol

post-1203-0-16906900-1362791715_thumb.jp

post-1203-0-87510900-1362791747_thumb.jp

Posted

I can't help you with the front end, but I could suggest that with a little tweaking the Dodge Street Charger would work great for the rear end providing you're doing 1/16th scale...now that I think about it you probably aren't are you?

Posted

I can't help you with the front end, but I could suggest that with a little tweaking the Dodge Street Charger would work great for the rear end providing you're doing 1/16th scale...now that I think about it you probably aren't are you?

No this is a 1/25th scale thanks.

Posted (edited)

a member here has a very nice fabed 9in rear and photo etch 4 link brackets and stuff,not sure if I've ever seen the Mustang 2 front with tube arms done in 25th

http://www.futurattraction.com/7.html

Edited by 440 Dakota

Posted

No this is a 1/25th scale thanks.

Yeah, sorry. It occured to me halfway through my message. :rolleyes:

Posted (edited)

I believe this may be the rear end in the 1:1. This is a fabricated housing, I believe. Note the wide, straight, slanted, not curved, shoulders on the housing...

byohsg_640x480.gif

...and there are differing 9" housings, so make sure you get the right one...

mufp_0502_cur_1_z.jpg

I haven't seen that particular housing in a kit, but a lot of Nascar models have a reinforced 9" which is close, but you'd still have to make the brace and 4-link brackets. The arms are separate on this Nascar 9", and the detail is good...

DSCN4268.jpg

This is the Phantom Vickie front end. You be the judge. Your 1:1 shot shows the front end up in the air. With weight on it, it would sit like this model. They both are Mustang II geometry, but your 1:1 has a kinked upper arm.

DSCN4261.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy