Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Need this rearend and frontend

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Does anybody know where I could get this rearend and frontend need it for a project I`m doing for customer. Any help would be great.

John Pol

post-1203-0-16906900-1362791715_thumb.jp

post-1203-0-87510900-1362791747_thumb.jp

Posted · Report post

I can't help you with the front end, but I could suggest that with a little tweaking the Dodge Street Charger would work great for the rear end providing you're doing 1/16th scale...now that I think about it you probably aren't are you?

Posted · Report post

I can't help you with the front end, but I could suggest that with a little tweaking the Dodge Street Charger would work great for the rear end providing you're doing 1/16th scale...now that I think about it you probably aren't are you?

No this is a 1/25th scale thanks.

Posted (edited) · Report post

a member here has a very nice fabed 9in rear and photo etch 4 link brackets and stuff,not sure if I've ever seen the Mustang 2 front with tube arms done in 25th

http://www.futurattraction.com/7.html

Edited by 440 Dakota

Posted · Report post

No this is a 1/25th scale thanks.

Yeah, sorry. It occured to me halfway through my message. :rolleyes:

The front end looks a lot like the Mustang II front end that comes in the AMT Phantom Vickie. But, I'm not 100% sure if that is the setup in your photo. The rearend is definitely a Ford nine inch with a strengthening rib welded to the back of it. You should be able to find one of those in any of the Monogram Pro Stock or Pro Sportsman kits. If those are too narrow,get a stock unit from an AMT '66 Fairlane and add the rib and four link brackets to it.

Edited by plowboy

I believe this may be the rear end in the 1:1. This is a fabricated housing, I believe. Note the wide, straight, slanted, not curved, shoulders on the housing...

byohsg_640x480.gif

...and there are differing 9" housings, so make sure you get the right one...

mufp_0502_cur_1_z.jpg

I haven't seen that particular housing in a kit, but a lot of Nascar models have a reinforced 9" which is close, but you'd still have to make the brace and 4-link brackets. The arms are separate on this Nascar 9", and the detail is good...

DSCN4268.jpg

This is the Phantom Vickie front end. You be the judge. Your 1:1 shot shows the front end up in the air. With weight on it, it would sit like this model. They both are Mustang II geometry, but your 1:1 has a kinked upper arm.

DSCN4261.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy