Model Cars Magazine Forum

50 olds mild custom

brett

like I needed another project :P got this out and was having a look at it and the roof fell off !! :o :o :o
DSCF8141_zps8a45ca0b.jpg
somehow about 3mm fell off all the pillars
DSCF8142_zps408bbc56.jpg
so then I had to line em all back up
DSCF8145_zps615d5949.jpg
DSCF8146_zps1df813d5.jpg
DSCF8148_zps8132fd86.jpg
haven't decided much about anything else yet including color though I was thinking flat black with a bright metallic roof

thanks Chris, Got the black on ( a nice satin ), you'll have to imagine the roof as its still taped up at the moment, I think once its been foiled and chrome installed it'll look chithot man :D
DSCF8194_zpsb5a14801.jpg
DSCF8196_zps2b6cb3b0.jpg
I did have a backup colour to go over the black but as it came out just as I envisaged it, it aint gonna happen.

Thanks guys,got it foiled but no pics yet

. I do use Tamiya putty as a finishing filler, most of my body work is done with styrene and super glue with baking soda. I dont seem to have a lot of success with the Tamiya cement but it does soften styrene filler pieces pretty good.

thanks guys , most of the shiny stuffs attached and I started on the interior
DSCF8201_zpsf7c64e0b.jpg
DSCF8203_zps196ca21b.jpg
the mexican blanket actually has no sheen to it at all so the camera flash is lying, gloss blacked all the lug nuts tonight so will try alclading them (with a brush) tomorrow

Thanks guys, really appreciate the nice comments.

Yo Brett - why a SHINY :( body? I'd make it all SHINY :) :) :) , but that's me. Good looking build though.

was wondering when you were gonna raise that Jim :lol:.The next one will be shiny. Haven't got the kit yet but wheels and colors have been chosen.

why did half my post disappear?

Edited by brett