Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1971 Plymouth Duster

gwolf

I finished this AMT 1971 Plymouth Duster Street Machine kit in 2003.

I built it to look like my friend's mom's Duster and got pretty close. The only things missing were incorrect rims and the stripe graphics on each side. The Duster that belonged to my friend's mom had steelies with hubcaps, not mag rims. AMT's '71 Duster 340 kit came with the correct decals for the striped graphic, but in black and I needed white.

The body was painted a sky blue and the interior a dark blue to match the 1:1 car.

Anyway, I got it pretty close. I'd still like to find those stripe graphics in white.

post-11636-0-47197400-1363017857_thumb.j

Very nice build.....What color blue is that? And who makes it? Also....The car should have the rear quarter windows in....They opened at the back like a vent window......I know that the side Windows are a pain to get in this kit....But it is worth it...Aside from that....I like the Duster alot!

Steve, Thanks for the kind words. The blue paint is just hardware store spray paint. This build is from 2003, so I may not have that can of paint, but I bet I might. If I do, I'll give you the details. I'll also look for those rear windows in the parts box.