Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford Twin Hemi Skull Rod "Mr Sinister" Finished!

TFchronos

Hello everyone, this is a new build I started it's one of my entries for this years Cannonball Run cbp as the title says it's a 32 Ford Sedan Street Rod from Revell. I plan to build it as a custom Hot Rod that will house two 426 Hemi's, chop the top, and do a few other things that I'll keep secret for now. I haven't really decided on a color yet, I'm thinking about a nice candy apple red but it's subject to change.

I just started to build the frame, I thought it would be better to build a frame rather than extend the original. So after some planing, burnt fingers and a few choice words this is what I got. This is also my first attempt at a custom frame so we'll see where it goes.

DSC02316_zps856abd68.jpg

Post1Pic1_zps96c75588.jpg

Post1Pic2_zpsc9d8c0e7.jpg

Post1Pic3_zps1e745f01.jpg

That's where it's at right now, I'll start re-building a 67 GTX soon for the same contest, I just want to get this a little further along seeings how this is uncharted water for me.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by TFchronos

Quick update, There was a slight oversight made when I measured the width of the frame, my measurements were made using the out side of the body not the inside. :rolleyes: The frame also sat higher in the rear than I wanted so after separating it and a little modification the problem was solved and I'm happy with it now.

Post2Pic1_zps35adf966.jpg

The front brace is only taped on for now, I still don't know exactly where the engines will sit. After a little mock up test on the differential I think it's too narrow for what I want so I've been modding a slightly wider differential for a little bit wider stance in the back.

Post2Pic2_zpse7b526eb.jpg

Sorry for the size difference I was messing around with the settings a little.

Post2Pic3_zps2fbd54b8.jpg

After looking at the picture I just realized that the shock mount on the left is a little crooked so I'll have to fix that.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by TFchronos

Here's another little update, it's going pretty smooth for now the differential is in so now it can stand on it's own.

Post3Pic1_zpsc6906b11.jpg

And Here it is, the tires are from a 67 Chevelle pro street but I got these by themselves online.

Post3Pic3_zps3558c882.jpg

I must say I'm happy to see it sitting on it's tires like this not looking like a complete tragedy. lol

Post3Pic2_zps480ee49e.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Lookin' really good , Jonathan ! Nice work on the frame , it should be a hairy ride with 2 Hemi motors !

Your camera is a great tool ! Take pictures of everything you do and study the photos . You'll see stuff you never saw while building it !

Lookin' really good , Jonathan ! Nice work on the frame , it should be a hairy ride with 2 Hemi motors !

Your camera is a great tool ! Take pictures of everything you do and study the photos . You'll see stuff you never saw while building it !

Thanks, it's amazing what can be seen in a picture that was missed in real life.

This is looking like the HotWheel Way 2 Fast. Is that your inspiration? I'll be watching this one. Keep up the good work!

Yeah the Way 2 Fast was a big inspiration but I also wanted to do it because I haven't seen one done before.

Today with the help of my good friends Knife, File, and Sandpaper the tranny from the front engine was removed and setup to link the engines together. Both engines are from 67 GTX's. I have 2 because when I tried to build one 7 - 8 odd years ago as my second or third build ever I messed it up somehow. I don't really remember but either the paint screwed up or something fell on it. In any case the body was toast. Wal-Mart at the time had all their models clearanced out for like 5 bucks so I just got another and that's how I ended up with 2 identical engines.

Anyway that's the story behind the engines now here are some pictures, starting with engine #1

Post4Pic1_zps93597d83.jpg

Engine #2

Post4Pic2_zpsff326eb1.jpg

And here they are linked up, I tried my hand at making a flywheel for engine #1 but it didn't turn out to well so I may end up redoing it later on

Post4Pic3_zps1393e7bf.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Edited by TFchronos

• 2 weeks later...

Started and finished work on the fuel tank, that's about it. I haven't been able to do much due to my allergies, it's hard to work on something when you can't see it lol. Anyway work on the body has been put on hold for now do to that.

Post8Pic2_zps02c292c2.jpg

Post8Pic3_zpsf75f14f7.jpg

Post8Pic4_zpseef2fe40.jpg

As seen in this last picture I've also been working on the floor board so if my allergies let up a little I'll see about finishing that up.

Thanks for looking! :)

• 2 weeks later...