Model Cars Magazine Forum

Not another Shelby GT500

lanesteele240

I know there are a few of these on the forum but what the heck. Here is mine. This is my first large scale model. My plans are to open the doors and try to wire/plumb the engine. Maybe even open the trunk with some booming system. Going to paint it metalic black. May or may not do the stripes.

Wish i could find some other wheels. These look to factory for a sports car.

DE51D1A4-A955-4F0C-937A-C0EAC2CBA835-940

Doors and inner pannels busted open

DEBE4246-E314-455F-970B-ABE00E7A6960-940

Got to cut the inner tub to see the dash the way a 1:1 would look

997848E5-AF3A-4C74-9BE7-358B8AFC4A77-940

Head scratchen will be needed to make this look real

Someone makes some beautiful 5 spoke wheels for this kit. I'm sorry I can't remember who.

I saw a post for some resin off-set 5-spoke wheels (1/12th Stang) and am in the same boat........tried but can't find the post. I'd like a set as I want to wide body the Shelby Mustang and can't stand the hub cap looking kit wheels!

Can anybody out there help?

The doors will be mounted open. It is way to work much to make them operate. When i saw this i knew it was the way to go.

B6FB0EB4-BB7F-4875-9586-A58159741F44-597

This way the model wont hang off the shelf with the doors open

75E7BAC5-7A37-499D-8ED1-3E6D03EC3307-597

I also change my mind on opening the trunk for speakers. I think a couple of NOS bottles back their would be more better

Now if you have an imagination, ridemakerz has some wheels that actually fit into the 1/12 scale tires. My problem was making them stay. If you would like I can get some Pics of the wheels I'm talking about. The reason I suggest, is because I want to build another one of these cars with ridemakerz wheels.

Now if you have an imagination, ridemakerz has some wheels that actually fit into the 1/12 scale tires. My problem was making them stay. If you would like I can get some Pics of the wheels I'm talking about. The reason I suggest, is because I want to build another one of these cars with ridemakerz wheels.

Awesome idea. My son has a few ridemakers and we are going to the beach this weeked. They have a ridemakers store in myrtle beach sc.

Im gone have to pop in.

I have been searching for a way to make some sensor conectors for this ride. I did not see any so i brain stormed and came up with this. .08 and .1 channel evergreen stuck together. the smaller one is inside the larger one. Then i flipped it over, super gluged the wires in and added the little tab that you have to mash to get them apart( most the time they suck to get off) :(.

2B8E77BD-6E45-4542-979F-51F5509801B7-158

Let me know what you think or do you have some ideas to make it better.

Edited by lanesteele240

Here is another brain storm. Making a wire conduit loom was proving to be hard. Here is what i got as a first attempt. I think it will work though. This is a rough attempt the wire i used was to hard to strech out even. I will go with a smaller gauge "wrap" wire.

All i did was wrap one wire around another. Then i pulled the wrapped wire off and coated it with liquid electical tape. I know this has been done with glue but it seamed to me that the glue would take forever to dry. This stuff dont take long and it is already black.

FCC3B170-A88E-4821-B458-DBB678D40F13-158

C27E7CEC-00E0-41AC-8943-B0A8F63EFCE3-158

Hey Gary, you're off to a cracking start with this man, great work for a 'starting kit' as far as 1/12 goes. :)

Not feeling the "scissor doors"....but that's just me. :lol:

Nice work on that fiddly electrical connector too...I took the easy option and got some resin ones off ebay. :D

Just a thought on the wheels (which are a kool option too I admit, never knew of them before Joshua mentioned them.)...

Maybe add some plastic into the webbing where you've arched them out, to leave a flat 5-sided effect??? As per my rough pic below. :)

post-3007-0-59920600-1364189957_thumb.jp

I've been coping of Broady83's paper and trying to make my engine look as good as his. Man i wish we would have finished it. It was coming along great. Any how, i made the tube looking thingy that goes to the back of the charger out of aluminum tubing some styrene rod and a crimp tube. I melted the crimp tube into the rod and painted it.

27038CD4-45E7-4A1A-BDC7-1C3A4392D555-299

I use a oil lamp that was use to light a jack-o-lanteren for all my styrene heating needs. They are short and fat and should last for 600 years.

10122FF2-C41F-4141-A6E5-C6A1B1894CD9-299

09A69EA5-B44D-4241-8E8E-20283D3D8E91-299

Here i am using my drill to make the twist for the wire conduit that will be coated in crystal clear and painted black. It is easier than the liquid tape but the liquid tape is still one of the most awesome things ever invented.

3F7F8592-125A-4070-8084-7DAA02BED11F-299

That is it for now. Hope to have more coming soon.

Wow Gary. The engine looks great! Could not believe all the work you put into the doors too. I just started my 1/12 GT500......I am going to make it into the Super Snake. I already have the hood done (14 hours worth of work!) I'll be starting my own thread on that soon. Great job Gary!

Can I ask how you plan on putting the RideMakerz wheels on the mustang? Reason I ask is because I have an 07 GT500 on the way and I've never been a fan of the OEM wheels. I'm thinking of using some Diecast wheels as replacement. Given that Diecast cars have metal axles and the Revell 07 GT500 doesn't.

Great start to a big build. I've wanted to build this model but trying to get some more experience under my belt. Love your choice of the Foose wheels (I think Foose) and modification you did to them. Door's look great too!!