Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first 1;1 car April 1978 1968 Dodge Charger 383 4 speed

LURCH_1961

Nice!!! You did an awesome job on this! I'm planning to build a 68 Charger myself, with the same style wheels, but from a different kit. A family friend gave me the Charger back in 77. He was moving to another state and couldn't take it with him. Mine was a light green metallic.

Sorry to hear of your health issue. I'm disabled due to a heart condition myself, and know that working on a model is a struggle... My best to you, and keep building, you do nice work!!! :)

Cool! I like the 70's vibe going on with big and little slots. All you need is a little air hose leading from the shocks and a Hi-Jacker decal in the window :D

The wheels and tires are most likely from early '70s Monogram street rod kits.

They kind of look like the ones in the Monogram 55 Chevy Street Machine.

Front tires are 70 monogram.the rears are Amt's from the 53 Ford tilt hood pock up truck wheels are monogram. Got the wheels from a fellow builder.The paint is Testors emerald green lacquer .The top is masking tape with black marker.A little work on a 440 to look like the 383 the 1:1 car was running. most of all guys and ladies thanks This is something I love to do I'm not great I just build for fun. :P .And keeps me out of the shrinks office. ;)I wished out of the heart Doc office now.

Edited by LURCH_1961

Guest Johnny

Nice build! I have a soft spot for that body style Charger. B)

Except for the wheels (which are my favorite aftermarket wheel) there was one looked almost identical around here back about 1983! Farm kid had it and unless you got in it it looked great!

It had almost no trunk floor and a Flintstone floorboard! But it look cool and sounded great! :lol:

THANKS GUYS THE REAR SHOCKS WHERE ON THE 1:1 COIL OVERS.NO AIR SHOCKS JUST SOME SHACKLES.THE 1:1 WAS BEING SET UP FOR DRAG RACING.THE 383 WAS BORED .030 FULL RACE CAM HOOKER COMP HEADERS DANA 60 SERIOUS REAR END A833 FOUR SPEED .WAS DOING A BURN OUT ON A STREET AROUND THE CORNER IT GOT AWAY FROM ME AND ENDED UP THE STEERING WHEEL IN MY FACE AND LAP DROVE IT HOME WITH A PAIR OF VISE GRIPS LOL