Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ok so this is my first build in many years. As you can see its a w9 that i have been working on for three weeks now and im still trying things out. I stretched the frame made a visor and bumper. Wow after looking at everyone elses builds im half scared to post pics on here but i guess im trying. I got my fenders and lites from P&P and im still working them into shape. I also ordered the moebius 53 trailer to go with this truck. When im done with this one i have another sitting in a box waiting on round 2 Ill post more pics later. Thanks for lookin guysnew22017.jpgnew22005.jpgmodeltruck028.jpgmodeltruck027.jpgmodeltruck025.jpg

Nice color combo....Good frame stretch, too....I'd only recommend that you add a little arch to it on the next one, though...That way, the weight won't make it sag....You're looking pretty good, though....The visor looks very good...Well executed and the homemade bumper looks good, too....I'm not a fan of bare metal foil, as I'm no good at applying it....AT ALL....The air cleaner, the visor, and the door trim look very good....Keep it up and don't worry about competing with anybody here on the forum....We're all here to help and just about everybody has learned something from somebody else that they didn't know before....No matter what the skill level....Great work, William....Can't wait to see how those fenders turn out...The way you have them mounted looks really cool...

Edited by kilrathy10

Thanks for the comments

Wish i would have known about arching the frame before i did it. It does sag a bit . Well i know better for the next one i do. My trailer came in the mail today so when the truck is done its next.. The rear fenders just got the bottom side painted so they will be done soon.. 50 hour work weeks make it hard to get anything done on the truck ill try to get more done this weekend

Truck looks good. I'm with JT ,every one seems to pick up a handy tip from each other. I never put my work out for the world to see,I always just built for myself to relax and show the guys at the shop. Keep up the good work! Q tip.

Thanks for the comments ..22004.jpg

seems that baby blue/sea foam blue is in this year. Seen a few the same color and me as well.

Heres a tip. useing a xacto knife and remove the marker lights from the head lights. Now use a drill bit the same size, drill a hole on the flat part of fenders and relocate the lights. Now use supper glue and glue from the under side of hood.

Revell got them all(WRONG)

seems that baby blue/sea foam blue is in this year. Seen a few the same color and me as well.

Heres a tip. useing a xacto knife and remove the marker lights from the head lights. Now use a drill bit the same size, drill a hole on the flat part of fenders and relocate the lights. Now use supper glue and glue from the under side of hood.

Revell got them all(WRONG)

The Revell Germany W9 has them right. Don't know why these are molded together.

Mate , dont be scared to put up photo's you have done a great job . NEVER thought of the tail light thing good idea , and the colours very cool instead of the usual pastel colours that most others use on custom trucks .

After all , it's a w model kenny !

Edited by scummy

That IS a good tip on the marker lights....To be honest, I always thought they looked funny, there....Somehow, I never made the corallation...For some reason, I never addressed that...It never occurred to me....Wow...Thanks, Clayton.... :) I know I appreciate it...

Edited by kilrathy10

Thanks for all the coments and help. We got our camera as a package deal with a bunch of stuff it works great.Well it was a busy weekend so i didnt get much done. I got a filler piece made between the tanks and worked some on the moebius trailer. Im going to make it a split axle when i get more stuff from P&P. I'll get some pics of the trailer build soon.0014.jpg