Model Cars Magazine Forum

1957 Chrysler 300 C Sportswagon

Dominik

Good morning Buddies,

today i present you my

1957 Chrysler 300 C Sportswagon

CIMG130302_g01.jpg

based on the amt-kit (#38545), i only used the roof from a Jimmy Flintstone body while the quality and thickness was more bad than good. JF has some better stuff like this one i got!

I scratchbuilt the interieur and the trunklid section. Lowering the suspension, some wiring in the enginebay, selfmade windows/BMF and Alclad for chromeparts as always completed this beauty in my view.

On the licensplate the name of my beloved girlfriend who is the "designer" and gave me the concept for colors. i "only" was the builder to make her vision true ;-)

Some pictures

CIMG130302_g02.jpg

CIMG130302_g03.jpg

CIMG130302_g04.jpg

CIMG130302_g05.jpg

CIMG130302_g06.jpg

CIMG130302_g07.jpg

...more coming up...

Very nice ! You did a great job adding the roof to the AMT kit . I tried the JF body too and ended up doing about the same thing , that resin body was just a mess . Also , you are the first one I've seen who correctly painted the body color in the headlight surrounds , very good !

Nice Chrysler! The AMT kit is really great quality and builds up nice. Nice paint job on it, and excellent detailing too. I really like the overall look. Only minor thing I would do different, is painting the 300 logo on the chrome trim on the side of that car. I did it for mine, and it was actually quite easy to do. Otherwise it's perfect!

Thank you very much for kind words!

I appreciate it and will give your compliments to my girlfriend - she is involved in most of my builts, if i am not sure about the color for example. And that is her car, built for her and the first ever, that is in our livingroom presented. She has a good eye :wub:

Niko (W-409), the 300 logo on the chrome trim on the side i painted after the shooting, some pictures will come up. That time i made the photos, i had no "slow hand" and was afraid to paint it. was afraid, to mess up there at the end...

Harry, what kind of roof do you mean? Dodge Magnum? I didn't know that there is a kit existing! Cool....hm...i think, its the same work to change it. But also i think, that the styling of the magnum is not as "soft" like the 300. It looks straighter than this one.

Thanks again!

Almost a pity Chrysler didn't do something like that to compete with the Fiesta and Cabellero. It wouldn't have been too tough to do with the roof and glass from the Dodge and Plymouth 2-door wagons.

Very, very cool. Definitely something to be proud of.

Charlie Larkin