Model Cars Magazine Forum

Would you?!?!

Would you spend $96,867 on a bottle of wax for your car?!?!

Unless it guaranteed no scratching, discoloring, the ability to repel bird poop, mud and water, and many other things, there is no way.

I will retract the above statement. Regardless, I could not imagine spending close to $100,000 for a car wax. That's a hell of a nice paint job.

Article Here:

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/96-867-bottle-car-wax-ride-doesn-t-184812762.html

First of all the wax itself has gold IN it & the bottle it come's in is 24K gold & diamond encrusted. I'd say that's where most of the asking price is swallowed up. The wax itself wouldn't be worth much more than a few hundred bucks. & to answer the Question... No.

Cliff

I actually detail cars as another hobby of mine. Spending this much on a wax is ridiculous. It boils down to spending frivilously. I have quite a few products in my arsenal that do exactly what they are intended to do. And for anyone who trys to perfect paint be it in scale or 1:1 knows the wax does nothing to beautify if the prep isn't perfect. You can try to fill the swirls and micro marring with a glaze but at a loss of durabilty and a temporary fix. A little time paying attention to detail with color sanding, coumpound and polish is what makes the difference for that carnuba or sealant to not only protect but intensify gloss, depth and clarity of paint.

Edit: I realized it said protection for up to 4 months. No thanks I will keep my Collinite 845 which can go well past 12 months of protection.

Edited by Blown03SVT

First of all the wax itself has gold IN it & the bottle it come's in is 24K gold & diamond encrusted. I'd say that's where most of the asking price is swallowed up. The wax itself wouldn't be worth much more than a few hundred bucks. & to answer the Question... No.

Cliff

Wait, if the wax has gold in it, wouldn't that scratch the paint?

Hey, I think I'm gonna. My 98 Buick Century would love me if I put some of that on her. Heck she may even shed the rust and pop out the dent in the rear door for me too. For that much in new wax, heck she may even become new again!!!!! Dang, sign me up, where do you get this stuff???? In other words, as my daughter would say.............. "AHHHHHHHH NO"!!!!!!