Model Cars Magazine Forum

gratitude

hey everyone, thename is frank and i'm a model builder of about 35yrs. this is my first post here and i wanted to give mad props to a guy i met on e-bay while shopping for old discontinued kits. this guy had the Revell "Swamp Monster" kit in large scale for only $30! needless to say i jumped on that and am currently enjoying building it. i never was able to get one back in the day due to money ,or rather shortage there of, but i've got one now and i wanted to say thanks to the guy who sold it to me so "without any further ado and with no more guilding of the lilly"...

THANKS GREGG!!! I really appreciate the deal you gave me on this awesome kit!

regards,

frank

post-11532-0-26417600-1363280767_thumb.j

You're closer to Grand Rapids than I am. If you haven't yet you should check out Rider's Hobby Shop. Haven't been to that one yet, but when there was one here they had a HUGE selection. Also, if you ever make it to Ypsilanti, stop into the Model Cave. Great people and a nice selection of OOP kits as well as aftermarket and a LOT of Jap kits.

owosso

I grew up in Ovid!

Also, I second Rider's. But make sure you go to the one in GR; it's nicer than the one in Flint and they have an amazing selection. I was able to stop in last year when I visited the fam.

Edited by rhs856

You're closer to Grand Rapids than I am. If you haven't yet you should check out Rider's Hobby Shop. Haven't been to that one yet, but when there was one here they had a HUGE selection. Also, if you ever make it to Ypsilanti, stop into the Model Cave. Great people and a nice selection of OOP kits as well as aftermarket and a LOT of Jap kits.

there's a rider's hobby shop in flint and we actually have two here in owosso but there pretty small i.e. just afew kits, some glue and a couple paints. thanks for the tip on the model cave:)

Is that really how you spell Ypsilanti? Wow I've been way off lol. My dad is from there.

What scale is that? I just checked the build out.

the white one is 1/32 snap and the swamp monster is 1/16