Model Cars Magazine Forum

'85 GMC Van .. Fotki update 7/8/17

On 3/19/2013 at 10:00 AM, Michigan Madman said:

Awesome to see the finished project- it's even cooler than I imagined it would be... and I imagined it would be pretty cool to begin with!

Thanks, Chuck. :) I've had to go rescue the van up roads like the starting one in that video, only in denser woods. One time a flat tire up a deep woods dirt road with no spare, rain had just started and after having reminded her to block the wheels when on a jack the van toppled off the jack ... cause I didn't chalk the wheels!

Edited by Foxer

Dam Foxman, I had a GMC Beauville van the same dark blue, with a lighter blue band around the midsection. Wasn't till I saw pics of the dash that it hit me it was a GMC van! Somehow I had remembered it as a Chevy!. You did a HECKAVA job on this rascal! I'd be durned PROUD of this lil Bad Boy! :D;)^_^

Sorry to bring this up again, but my daughter's Lab named Toby needed to join. Not the greatest paint job but this was my first figure and more just an experimentation.

Toby DSC 1091

Edited by Foxer

This turned out fantastic. It was really nice to watch it come together, and you nailed the look. The rust holes, those black spots on the Drivers' side and everything else seems to be just there. This would make good Real Or Model.

• 2 weeks later...

Gee, Mike, I'm sorry I missed this earlier. I need to scroll down to trucks more!

That came out beautifully, and Toby looks pretty good, too.

I do so wish I could make it to NNL this year, but when you have a guy who's been a friend since 7th grade getting married, well...priorities!

I really do hope you can make it to either Classic Plastic or MassCar next year, or both. I would love to see that up-close and personal and finally have a chance to say hello.

Charlie Larkin