[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
jdcar32

1959 Ford Custom 300 big block

That is gorgeous! How did you cut open the resin doors without cracking the body? That to me would seem all but impossible.

As to the 430...if it wasn't an "unadvertised" option as CA says, and they usually have pretty decent research, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being a "dealer installed option" in more than a few instances!

Charlie Larkin

Hi Charlie, Like I mentioned the resin was fairly soft. I used the back side of a #11 X-acto with a broken tip. The trick is working corners and such first, and take your time. Then the easy straight lines are next. Again patience is the key. Leave a few small areas slightly attached on ALL panels until you are comfortable with ALL the panels being ready to release, this keeps everything stable and minimizes breakage. And if your blade skitters out , a little CA will fill the mistakes. Oh, I did a little dental work with the dremel on the backside of some of the thicker areas before scribing.

i just noticed the emergency brake cable and linkage is that scratch built ?? the chassis detail is amazing just amazing

Edited by CrazyGirl

Very cool and clean!!!

i just noticed the emergency brake cable and linkage is that scratch built ?? the chassis detail is amazing just amazing

Hello again Anne,

Found some great 1:1 pictures on ebay, both parts and complete cars, that are great for detailing. Once again, a little Evergreen sheet, guitar string, and stretched sprue go a long way. Metal guitar string ( the smallest size, I dont know the musical name )is great for a variety of cables that have a wound armor cover.

now guitar strings i know , thats something i have no shortage of , and what a Great tip , thanks for that , again you do amazing work ,, i admire that