Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1/16 34 ford coupe questions

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

hi all..im planing on building a 60s style drag 1/16 34 ford coupe. with a hemi ..does anyone know of a good source for a 3 window body , straight axle with a cross spring,hair pin radius rods , tall narrow pie crust slicks, moon tank....thanks for any help ~phil

Posted · Report post

hi all..im planing on building a 60s style drag 1/16 34 ford coupe. with a hemi ..does anyone know of a good source for a 3 window body

The Revell kit's body is nice, with a mild chop. Altered States offers a 5-window body if you're thinking of a Mooneyham & Sharp #554 replica:

Mvc010f.jpg

straight axle with a cross spring,hair pin radius rods , tall narrow pie crust slicks, moon tank....thanks for any help ~phil

The straight axle (and maybe the spring, too) will need to be scratchbuilt, as the closest 1/16 kit parts are the dropped axles found in the Revell 1/16 Funny Car, Minicraft Model A, and the Pyro T-based hot rod kits. The Pyro parts are pretty nice, at least the front axle and rear quick-change center section. I have plans to cast them, but haven't done so yet. I think the hairpin radius rods could be scratchbuilt, too.

I can help you out on the slicks, so please PM me.

I bet Jim from Micro Nitro could make you a perfect 1/16 Moon tank. :)

Posted · Report post

thanks for your input casey ...i prefer to work with a plastic body so will go with the revell 3 window..the drilled dropped front axle that you mentioned is in stock at altered states..chuck can supply a cross spring only so i can fabricate a straight axle...he also has got a good looking moon tank in stock

Posted · Report post

you can use the front axle from the rockin roadster from minicraft