Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

'50 Chevy Pickup '50s Style

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Just finished this one up while waiting on the paint to dry on my Rat Roaster. I painted it last summer with Model Master Fifties Aqua enamel. I used diamond plate in the bed and started feeling the '50s vibe right away so I went with it. Originally I planed on using a '55 Chevy V8 but, forgot before finishing the 6, so I went with it. This is the first time I've ever used spots or fake side pipes but, I kind of like the look. Tell me what you think.DSC04693_zps08126fa6.jpgDSC04689_zps16f23e0e.jpgDSC04692_zps19be4c4a.jpgDSC04686_zps41f9cc0d.jpgDSC04691_zps572aa320.jpg

Posted (edited)

Oh, I forgot the engine shot and chassis. DSC04651_zpse89dc6c5.jpgDSC04676_zps78482a41.jpgDSC04677_zps1d164b9d.jpg

Edited by rmvw guy

Posted

Thanks for looking. :) I tried to put this on my last post and it deleted the whole thing, so I had to start over. I don't know about that Smiley character sometimes.

Posted

RON ,nice job I like the look but I would have the front alittle lower . but thats just me .like how you drilled out the bed rail ends ,

Posted

RON ,nice job I like the look but I would have the front alittle lower . but thats just me .like how you drilled out the bed rail ends ,

Thanks Blair, I would have it a little lower in the front also and this is the dropped axle that comes in the kit. I may have to redo that sometime. I kind of do remember when this was the style in the late '50s though, with a slight rake in the front end. ^_^

Posted

Ron a really great looking build. l have to say thats the best color l have seen on a 50 chevy truck. Very well done....

Posted

Great looking truck! I like the color, and it looks real in those photos! Excellent work!

Sam

Posted

Great looking truck Ron. I LOVE the 50's look.

Posted

Nice colour!

Posted

Good looking pickup

Posted

I got the front end a little lower by losing the front springs and installing air bags. DSC04719_zps01e244fb.jpgDSC04721_zps130ef057.jpg

Posted

well done ron...

but i miss some weathering on the underbody and if it were my i would use wood on the bed

regards maik