Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hot Rod Sedan

James2

Up next from my short list is another gem found in the net. I really like the stance on this one and the over all attitude of this Rod says it all. Again drawing from my parts box, The Revell kits are a great source, this one came from feebay cheap. Wheels are from the new Ohio George kit and PPP modified. Let's see where this leads...

0912sr_01_z1932_ford_highboy_sedanpassen

1.jpg

Edited by James2

Hi,

Looks like the surf shop decals will go nicely with a blue and white paint job that you could carry into the interior as well. A sedan would be popular with surfers - can get more of your friends to the waves!

What engine are you going to go with?

Cheers,

Jim

Work is slow this week, so I build. Mock up in primer, Mica Blue Frame and engine. I'm no John Teresi, but I'm liken the Alclad Chrome.

I decided to go with the engine from the new R@t Roadster kit it looks good and fits the previously released frame with little modification.

I did notice that the new cross members transmission mount is off center, this will be corrected by the use of the older piece.

With the slight channel I modified the side engine covers slightly for a better fit. I'll be carrying the same color theme inside as well.

I have a plan for the body paint but that is top secret!

That's it for now, thanks for looking....

32.jpg

33.jpg

31.jpg

This is looking pretty cool so far. I was surprised you didn't rake the top like the reference photo, but it looks good without it.

Sorry to hear that work is slow, but at least that means we get treated to more eye candy :D .