Sometimes you just gotta laugh.

12 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

As I was scouring ebay, I came across this listing http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-24-scale-15-astro-supreme-wheels-lowrider-cruiser-hot-rod-5-spoke-whitewalls-/171005036546?pt=Model_Kit_US&hash=item27d0b1c802 for a set of the new Pegasus 15" Sovereign wheel and tire sets. I guess the two people fighting for them don't know that you can get a set for $9 plus shipping from Scaledreams. :lol: What's worse is the seller started the bid at double the cost! He's going to make a killing on that set of wheels/tires! I'm going to have to put this on my watch list just to see what the price gets up to.

Posted · Report post

Some people have more money than brains.

Posted · Report post

It's up to $36. Both bidders are low-number buyers, and there's always a good chance that idiots won't pay, anyway.

Posted · Report post

It's up to $36. Both bidders are low-number buyers, and there's always a good chance that idiots won't pay, anyway.

Had a few of those over the last couple weeks.

Posted · Report post

:huh: $36? I'm selling the wrong stuff! Where can I buy these magical wheels and tires? :blink:

Posted · Report post

and at least one of these guys thinks he just bought a set of wheels for his 1:1 ride! :)

Posted · Report post

Man! I need to sell some stuff like that.

Posted · Report post

Makes me think of contacting the loser. selling him my set for $30, and buying another from Scale Dreams. Hmmm, packing, shipping, driving to the post office, 30 minutes total. Thats $40 an hour!

Posted · Report post

I say we get together and run the bid up to like 1000 bucks. Then dont pay

Posted · Report post

There could be many reasons why they chose to purchase on eBay and not from another source. What if the buyer has an eBay gift certificate for $100 to redeem? Can't spend it anywhere else, and maybe it expires in three days. They may have never even heard of Scale Dreams, maybe they are an international bidder who had a bad experience buying from a non-eBay source, or maybe they want something else from the same seller and are planning to save money via combined shipping.

Posted · Report post

I would like to get those tires, but don't care for the rims.

I had something like this happen on an auction I did some years ago

I listed a Postcard, Stating it was a REPRINT, and started bidding at 25 Cents!

It sold for $32.oo!!!!!!

I can still buy those reprints for a Quarter at my own Chamber Of Commerce in town!!!

Posted · Report post

I once bought a stack of German language Readers Digest Magazine (yea, pretty much the exact same magazine!) at a garage sale. They were something like 20 years old. I soon found that the Euro car ads didn't sell well on eBay at all. But there was one full page ad for Lego and I couldn't believe people were fighting over it. It sold for over $50.