Model Cars Magazine Forum

Deleted

Very nice job on your replica and I'm glad to see someone building cars from one of the best classes that ever existed. Its too bad that these cars aren't around today so that the fans can witness the high revving engines and crazy wheelstands that these cars produced. I saw many of these cars in person but my fav was and still is Cotton Perry's Pocket Rocket Chevy II which could be found almost any Saturday night at the Brainerd Optimist Dragstrip near Chattanooga TN racing against other class cars of the day. Great job again and thanks for jogging my memory!

I like it , well done

I want to do this car but ths hood scoop has me scared off. I already have the Nomad planned for here soon and would like to do the Vette as well

Dont let it scare you off! Im not very good at scratch buidling, and I managed it!

Its just 3 sides of .030 evergreen and a piece of a pop can for the front. I used a machinists rule and measured off the front wheel opening and headlight doors on the photos, then the model to get a conversion. I used the 1972 US nationals photo (The real car has the same scoop on it currently), but it had about a dozen different scoops on it by the difference in all the photos.

SO make something that looks good to you!

Rob, that actually looks pretty decent , and about those rear tires, those are actually some of the best looking Good Year 9x30's, they are one of my favorites, I will take any that nobody wants !! lol ...........

• 1 month later...

Welcome to MCM Forums! And very nice Corvette you got there. The paint job is looking great, and I really don't see problems with the decals, either. I like it.

Theres no real problem with the decals per se, its just they are for the Nomad!

And i held off buying a set from lucas, but i had heard some not so great things, and now i see theres a fella on here that has bought him out and will be reproducing (hopefully) the correct ones.

So i can fix the marginal paint and get some right decals, so im pretty happy!