Model Cars Magazine Forum

Been quietly plugging away on the Revell '56 F100 for a few weeks. Here's what the parts looked like right out of the box. Can't tell from this far away but this is the flashiest, most inconsistent mess I've started with in a long time! Every part has a razor sharp seam around the edge, and the cab has mold lines all over the place, around the top of the windshield on both sides it looks like the molds didn't even line up right! The chrome plating is also pretty poor, some parts got missed or have little bubbles in the finish. A majority of the past couple weeks was spent cleaning it up and test fitting things.

56Ford_001.jpg

This past weekend I finally got the engine assembled, the upper and lower half fit together like crud but a bunch of sanding and filler and sanding and filler and I think it turned out ok. Building this one OOB so the motor's not much to look at. I colored it like a base T-Bird motor from '55. The water pump pulley and fan look crooked as all get out in the photo, but in person it looks straight as an arrow. Not sure what's up with that.

56Ford_015.jpg

Edited by kalbert

• 1 month later...

Well I got quite a bit more done on this since... Well, looks like mid March I started this thing! The chassis is finished, frame painted with RustOleum Autumn Brown textured paint. Turned out ok, but man to get full coverage you have to lay it on thick. I should have done the frame brown and then misted a little of the textured stuff on for... texture. The rest of the chassis parts are all painted with ordinary Testors paint. I went with the drop axle.

56Ford_036.jpg

Motor looks good in there. Teasing a little wide white wall here too...

56Ford_022.jpg

Edited by kalbert

Interior is pretty spartan, I didn't overly detail anything. Paint here is cheapo craft store acrylic.

56Ford_027.jpg

Also wrapped the exhaust tips with BMF. needing to paint the back of the seat light tan and install the gas tank yet.

56Ford_031.jpg