Model Cars Magazine Forum

Do these carbs look right?

They are nice carbs for sure. They do look a little big scale wise (the fuel bowls are covering the valve covers) and as far as from a realistic standpoint the 2 1050 Dominators on anything but a full race Pro Stock engine looks to be a little overkill.

If you have a single four barrel intake, one of those Dominators would look just right. ;) If you want to stick with the two four setup, the carbs from the Revell '64 Fairlane are pretty nice looking. What do the kit carbs look like?

What are you trying to do?

For stock, Carter AFB's would be correct for a higher horsepower 409. Morgan Automotive Detail offers such carbs in resin:

1245c-eb-carb.jpg

If you are using the snorkel aircleaner, the bette detail would be lost unless you plan to have it lift off.

Otherwise, you could look for smaller Holley single or double pumper carbs for more of a street machine option that would be streetable.

Edited by Exotics_Builder

Basically I'm just trying to find something that has good detail and that's practical for a 409. The car its going into is gonna be stock So the carbs pictured look like they may be perfect. Thanks for the info I think I'm gonna have to go order a set now lol

What are you trying to do?

For stock, Carter AFB's would be correct for a higher horsepower 409. Morgan Automotive Detail offers such carbs in resin:

1245c-eb-carb.jpg

If you are using the snorkel aircleaner, the bette detail would be lost unless you plan to have it lift off.

Otherwise, you could look for smaller Holley single or double pumper carbs for more of a street machine option that would be streetable.

Those look like 600cfm Holleys , and they would look good on a 409 !

those do look like excellent representations of vacuum secondary four barrel Holley carbs.

it's hard to find a kit carb that doesn't just look like an incorrect blob of plastic.

I may put a thermoquad on a mopar motor just to see if anyone recognizes it.

You have a 348 / 409.....you need the Tripower setup.....only way to go!

But TriPower was not available for 409 Engine. Only 348 had that setup from the Factory.

I have a set of Resin Carter AFB Carbs, and they are nice. Just can't remember who made them. But with some extra detailing, the carburetors from that Bel Air kit can be made useable.

Kris, your carter/edelbrock carbs look more like vacuum secondary Holley carbs to me than real carter/edelbrock carbs.

(just my opinion). B)

The holley dominators look correct. :)

Edited by blunc