Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hemi valve covers

12 posts in this topic

Posted

1979valveCovers_zpseb31e433.jpg

Anybody know where I can get some 1/24 scale valve covers like this? This is a '79 funny car.

Appreciate any help.

Posted (edited)

Those came in some of the AMT kits , Also the 80's issue Mon. FC and Dragsters with the single Mag/plug set ups had some as well .... I just checked

Edited by Alan

Posted

Thanks for the info.

Posted

I USE THIS COVER IN MY 68 HEMI DART SS/AH, I CHECK IN MY S2400088-vi.jpg, THIS IS OF FUNNY CARS AND DRAGSTER WITH SINGLE PLUG

Posted

Competition Resins has hemi valve covers and a lot of other stuff.

Dale

Posted

I've seen Miloden style covers like that years ago. Not sure what kits they came in.

Posted (edited)

There were some MT style valve covers avail in some of the old Johan kits , which are very similar to the ones shown.

Competition Resin has a copy of the Johan MT's btw

edit, just ck'd they have a milidon style Hemi valve cover as well that might pass for what your after

http://www.compresins.com/site/751597/page/237910

Edited by gtx6970

Posted

Dave... are you still looming for a set of these?? I may possibly have a resin set from competiton resins

Posted (edited)

I went thru my parts bins and found one side of what I think your after,,,,,,,, no idea where or when I got it or what it's out of.

If you want it, pm me an address and it's yours , maybe you can use it to make a resin copy of it to get both sides

Hemi-Valve-cover_zps0d734823.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

Posted

Dave... are you still looming for a set of these?? I may possibly have a resin set from competiton resins

Yes. I bought a pair on ebay that someone was parting out but they don't have the ribs. Are yours 1/24 ?

Posted

gtx6970 - I appreciate the offer but I don't have casting materials. I've never tried it. It would pass for what I need though. Thanks for checking your stash.

Posted

Yes. I bought a pair on ebay that someone was parting out but they don't have the ribs. Are yours 1/24 ?

Dave... i will have to check for you. I beilieve they say miloden on them too. I will check and shoot a pic of them for you