Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 Chevy coupe

kennb

I am thinking about pulling this one back out and finishing it up. Needs a lot of work and redoing the frame in some places. Have a choice of motors from a hemi to a 283, which is the white one, with a blower and lots of garbage on it.......................

DSCN4059_zpse8b065fd.jpg

DSCN4058_zpsab18c15a.jpg

let me know if it is worthy of reserection,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :P

Kenn :rolleyes:

For those that missed the beginning of this build 2 years ago,,,,the body and frame were done in less than 2 days so it is kinda rough,,,I am finishing it but it is not the best to start with, The rear end is a mdified Jag independent rear and leaf spring in the front with working steering. The engine is scratch hemi sort,of,,,,,,,,,,, :P

DSCN4073_zps88b1a8be.jpg

DSCN4072_zps7529a6dc.jpg

DSCN4071_zps3c0f6da7.jpg

Kenn :)

The motor has been botthering me since I put it together,,,,time to find some drawings and get it close to right..I am sure the hemi guys are rolling thier eyes :lol:

Time for major surgery......

DSCN4122_zpsdf63e007.jpg

A little cut and paste,,,,,,and taking hammering out a simple vavle cover it is strating to have the right design ques,,,,

DSCN4123_zpsda33d823.jpg

I am basing this on the 1956 engine,,,,,It is something one would have used in the 32 coupe...................... :P

DSCN4124_zpsa8d87123.jpg

hope the hemi guys can nowstop rolling the eyes a bit ;)

Did the final valve covers,,,,,,,,I think they are okey now,,,,,,oile pan don and getting the setting in the engine bay. I have been working on the blower but having a hard time getting it to look right,,,,eventually it will come out. ^_^

DSCN4127_zps13ed5dce.jpg

DSCN4129_zpsa13837f1.jpg

Thanks for commenting and looking.............

Still rough but am starting to get the feel and mass I am looking for on this.................lot of finishing to do on the motor yet but getting there

DSCN4141_zps04df551f.jpg

Thanks for looking and comments and suggestions are always welcome,,,, :)