Model Cars Magazine Forum

Reference Photos 41 Chevy Engine

Excellent advice. Here's one of many...

108722_Engine_Web.jpg

Unfortunately, that is not a '41 Chevy six--rather it is the 1953-62 235cid Blue Flame 6. The Chevrolet 216 "Stovebolt" 6 was visually the same from 1937-53 (that year saw the introduction of the 235 Blue Flame 6, which first appeared in Corvettes, then across the line as the standard, basic inline 6 through 1962's full size Chevrolet's).

The 216 cid engine appears in model form in the following 1/25 scale kits: AMT 1937 Chevrolet Coupe and Cabriolet, Galaxie Ltd. 1948 Chevrolet Aerosedan and Sedan Delivery, and in the AMT 1951 Chevrolet Bel Air Hardtop & Convertible, and that year's Fleetline fastback 2dr sedan.

Art

Edited by Art Anderson

Try doing a search on Google.

(In Sarcastic tone) Thanks for that piece of advice Captain Obvious. I've been searching google for weeks now and still cant find what I'm looking for which is why I turned to this forum. I'm looking for a pic of a 216 "Stovebolt" 6 that your looking down on so I can get an idea of what all detailing I need to do. I have never done any engine detail and would like to detail the engine of a build I'm currently working on. Other then Dist and spark plug wires I have the least clue what else can be done to detail the engine so I figured a pic like I'm looking for could help solve that for me.

Lets not forget our freind, the Shop Manual :D

http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/shop/1941/41csm014.htm

Thanks alot. This is the best help Ive found so far. I know what Im looking for exists just dont know what to type into "Google.com" to find it. I know you do the distributor, spark plug wires, radiator hoses, etc. What am I missing ? Hooking the throttle up, any braided hoses, battery terminals, any springs I may have missed, any hoses or wires I may have missed etc. I know nothing about this stuff as to what hooks up to what. What all needs hooked up etc. Eventually Ill get what I need from fishing around and looking at various photos. Just wish I had more knowledge about this kind of stuff. Thanks for the help so far guys. Much appreciated.

Everything you could possibly need. If you're building stock, look at the shop manual pix that you have from Longbox55, and compare those to the color photos on the google pages. You'll get the hang of it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=chevy+216+engine&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=NIW&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=A2tKUcrHHovu9ASu34HgAw&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1561&bih=733

You know if you click on a little picture it will open larger in another window, and then go into focus, right? It will also give a link to the site the photo is from, and will suggest other similar sites...you know that, right??

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

This is "Captain Obvious" speaking... Maybe if you also said in your opening post that you had previously tried searching Google for pictures without any success, then I probably would not have given you that "obvious answer". In any event, you can always get the answers to just about any car or model related question here on the Forum.

This is "Captain Obvious" speaking... Maybe if you also said in your opening post that you had previously tried searching Google for pictures without any success, then I probably would not have given you that "obvious answer". In any event, you can always get the answers to just about any car or model related question here on the Forum.

Hense the ( "Sarcastic tone" ) ????, nothing to take personal. Normally when searching on the internet, google is a persons best friend and first resort. At any rate, thanks all for the help. Much appreciated.

Everything you could possibly need. If you're building stock, look at the shop manual pix that you have from Longbox55, and compare those to the color photos on the google pages. You'll get the hang of it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=chevy+216+engine&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&hs=NIW&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=A2tKUcrHHovu9ASu34HgAw&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1561&bih=733

You know if you click on a little picture it will open larger in another window, and then go into focus, right? It will also give a link to the site the photo is from, and will suggest other similar sites...you know that, right??

Thanks for the info!!!! I didnt know that and is some valuable info for the future.