Model Cars Magazine Forum

1950 Chevrolet Rat Rod (Updated and Ready For Round 2)

• 4 weeks later...

I have more pictures coming soon, I will have them within the next night or so. I got the body in paint today. The truck is going to be a faded out gloss black with mulitple other colors showing through. I got some white, blue, red primer, and some gray primer that I am going to sand out. I cant wait to start sanding but Im going to give it a day or so before I mess with it. I dont want to have to paint it again. I am building this for a contest May 11th so I am going to have a lot more updates in the next few weeks.

I picked up a weathering kit at hobbytown the other day and I think it made the truck. I was skeptical on the powders at first but they really work well. I put the bed on there just to show the difference between the cab being weathered more. It also got new wheels from the revell 65 chevy stepside. I am going to put a wood floor in the bed also.

936376_534764413229558_1921100415_n_zps9

317437_534764436562889_1144688674_n_zpsd

I got the LS done and ready to be put in but with no room to spare. I had to modify the firewall and tunnel to get it in. I will get some pictures of the engine and bed tonight.

006-18_zpsdc05ecb2.jpg

Thanks for the comments. Ive had quite a few people tell me the other wheels/tires looked better but I am gonna stick with these for now. I got the interior mostly painted. Came up with a unique shifter for it and tried my hand at pin striping. It honestly hasn't turned out too bad. I will have some pictures tomorrow.

Here's my beer bottle shifter. A guy had sent me a scale case of beer bottles so I pulled them out and cut them apart. I still need to touch up the paint on the door panels and my fingerprints on the dash but I tried some striping. Once I do the dash I might do some on the body if I feel like. It has been pretty difficult so far. Im gonna finish up the interior tonight. The truck should be done this weekend.

004-24_zpsb0a6fe15.jpg

005-21_zps4e7735fa.jpg

The first picture is just a mockup but I should have it done tonight. Got several small things to do but I made a lot of progress last night. I had to keep the striping simple on the dash. I dont know if I could have done anything much more complicated. I also had a bit of a setback. I managed to drop the other headlight on my floor. I going to try and find it tonight so we will see how that goes.

017-14_zps3796b96f.jpg

016-13_zpse1ee9b1c.jpg

011-10_zps57879e0b.jpg

Edited by 502