Model Cars Magazine Forum

1964 Mercury Parklane Silver Anniversary convertible

smellyfatdude

Done to replicate my own car, purchased shortly after I turned eighteen. When I finally scored an annual kit a few years ago, I painted it Model Master burgundy, and did a black interior exactly as my 1:1 was. The engine is blue, because that's what color it was painted by the local high school shop class that rebuilt it. 390, 4 barrel, Hush Thrush mufflers with Thrush resonators. You knew it was me from about three blocks away.

Mercury014_zps017f25d2.jpg
Mercury008m_zps86ac3cae.jpg
Mercury005_zpsb96adc7e.jpg
Mercury001m_zpse0e1388c.jpg
64Merc020m_zps9852a391.jpg
64Merc008m_zps8df6a3e1.jpg
64Merc026m_zps03a13bb6.jpg

Edited by smellyfatdude

Beautiful Model, great detal and rare subject, also high schools had machine and car workshops? thats so awesome man, i wish my high school had anything like that down here in brooklyn all i had was metal detectors police officers everywhere and constant fighting and extortion lol

Love your builds! Something ud actually see at a local show!

Kind of ironic that you said that, Chris. :rolleyes:

I bought this car in the fall of '82, and sold it a year later for the same thousand bucks that I'd paid.

Eight years later, while my then girlfriend and I were at the local Cruise Night downtown, gazing at all the cool cars at the show, lo and behold there it was. :o

Completely restored, of course, and looking gorgeous. Only a couple years after that these cars were going for $25,000 - 30,000, in that kind of shape. :wacko: But I still get my dream car, it's just smaller now. :lol:

finish001.jpg