Model Cars Magazine Forum

hobby time?

Well, actuall building I spend only a few hours a week. Researching, that depends.If it is researching current builds or builds waiting to get started in the near future, only about 2 or 3 hours a week. Researching as in day dreaming of way off in the future builds, that may be a few more hours a week. I spend the most of my time in the hobby online on forums.I spend a hour or two at least a day.Combined internet time a day is usually 3 to 4 hours a day. Maybe that is a hobby within a hobby?? Or maybe I just use my hobby as the excuse for the other hobby??

Well......are we talking about thinking or doing!!! :lol: !!!!! I think about my models/projects all the time so we are looking at 24/7. Doing on the other hand in recent times is around an hour or so a week, sometimes more somtimes less. As with most of us, with winter comes more "Model time". KT

I usually end up getting in about a half hour a night, but some nights none. Lately I've kept running into a stopping point, either letting something dry, or doing everything I can on a given model but running into some kind of situation where I need to buy something to contiune, such as paint, a tool, or something. My model shoppe also got too messy so I am taking some time to re arrange and clean up a bit, It was getting to the point of being too cluttered to get anything done ;)

I slow down in warmer weather months due to distractions like the beach, pool and enjoying outside activities in general. Plus my hobby area is a little hot at times and has no AC.

I'm currently on a street rod binge, cleaned up my area, put things away and I'm back in business. Monday evenings are an open house for anyone local that wants to pop in and build or hang out. I'm trying to do something every day now, even 15 minutes can help.

So total I'd say i'm doing around 4-6 hours a week modeling, subject to change for show deadlines!

Bob