Model Cars Magazine Forum

you guys are killing me !

CrazyGirl

i came here on March 5th , and had i seen pictures of glue globbed hunks of plastic built by 10 year olds i could have saved as of this morning 985 dollars , it's all your fault :lol: ,, cause of your totaly unreal builds and works of art ,, So you super plastic model builder guys , this Buds for you !!! ,, Anne

lmao , and i also have to lay some blame on Amazon Prime , with the free 2nd day shipping , bought 2 more cars this morning ,ugggggggggggggggg

Tower Hobbies has free shipping on their website , if you haven't already checked them out- www.plastic-models.com

Thanks Anne. I raise my glass to you too. You'll find out in, oh... say a couple of years... after you've accumulated your "wall of unbuilt models" your box full of aftermarket stuff, the shelf full of paints and primers in every color of the rainbow, your ever-expanding tool collection, and on, and on, and on... that you will never live long enough to build everything. If you turn out like the rest of us, your skills will improve with each model over time (hopefully anyway) and each model will wind up taking you longer to build because you'll want to keep adding more and more details. Plus, just when you think you've bought every model that you want, the manufacturers keep coming out with newer and better ones. It just never ends...

Thanks Anne. I raise my glass to you too. You'll find out in, oh... say a couple of years... after you've accumulated your "wall of unbuilt models" your box full of aftermarket stuff, the shelf full of paints and primers in every color of the rainbow, your ever-expanding tool collection, and on, and on, and on... that you will never live long enough to build everything. If you turn out like the rest of us, your skills will improve with each model over time (hopefully anyway) and each model will wind up taking you longer to build because you'll want to keep adding more and more details. Plus, just when you think you've bought every model that you want, the manufacturers keep coming out with newer and better ones. It just never ends...

You said it all Rich.

I do not even MAKE that much in 2 weeks!

I've had (far too many) months I haven't hit that. Trust me, man, I'm right there with you.

Even in a good year, I don't think I go much over $300-400, including paint, etc. If the corner ever turns for me, though.....yeah, I'll do it on resin and OOP at least periodically. But, at that point, the question becomes will I have the time to actually build anything?

Charlie Larkin

985 bucks? That's it??!!??!! Got a ways to go to catch up to some of us!!!!! Wait til ya hit a couple thousand.... Then you'll hit 500 plus kits and a couple hundred built and you'll stand there thinking to yourself.......What the hell did I get myself into.... Then you say that to all of us and we'll be your support group because no modeler should go through it by themselves!!!!!!

We're here for ya Anne, if ya ever need someone to talk to we're here!!!!!! LMAO!!!! Welcome to the family!!!!!!!!

i came here on March 5th , and had i seen pictures of glue globbed hunks of plastic built by 10 year olds i could have saved as of this morning 985 dollars , it's all your fault :lol: ,, cause of your totaly unreal builds and works of art ,, So you super plastic model builder guys , this Buds for you !!! ,, Anne

"We ain't wrong...we ain't sorry...and it's probly gonna happen again!"

Anne's got the addiction , Anne's got the addiction , Anne's got the addiction ! Lmao !

I know the feeling. I went into my LHS on Friday to just get some paint and my favorite modeling magazine, and I walked out with two of the new 1/16th Petty Chargers as well as the paints and magazine.