Model Cars Magazine Forum

International AeroStar?

Some little info I could find

Having recently been struck by the rather attractive lines of the wind-cheating International AeroStar tractor, the cabover that’s being developed by the company for 'Global markets' and which was recently shown at the AutoChina show in Beijing, I stumbled across this attractive teaser video for AeroStar on the Vimeo website. You can see if for yourself by clicking on

And the still picture comes from my Italian chum and IToY ‘El Presidente’ Gianenrico Griffini who was at the AutoChina show and sent it to me. At the show Navistar declared the: “New International AeroStar concept truck, [is] a state-of-the-art cab-over for global markets. First unveiled in Brazil this past October and with a version scheduled for production in 2013, the AeroStar design has gone through extensive aerodynamic analysis to deliver world-class aerodynamics and fuel efficiency.” Biglorryblog will be interested to see where AeroStar is launched first…Brazil perhaps or maybe South Africa or Australia? Where does the Army reckon it will make its debut?

it's american built for the south american market, the Australian market (maybe) and the Asian market

Edited by martinfan5

Guest Johnny

a lot of internationals 9800 are in south africa

old style and new

and a lot of us and europ trucks

jacobus

So that is where all those old JB Hunt trucks end up! :lol:

Let me tell you, if you haven't ever drove a COE, it will beat your spine out of you, even with a Bostrom Air-Ride seat. You sit directly over the front axle and every motion is directed straight up your spine. if you are lucky you won't get induced vertigo. And in every accident, you are there first w/o any crumple zone of engine, hood, and axle to soften the impact.