Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Aventador

Metalmad

Been working the Aventador off and on & just doing the basic clean up on the parts and I have 90% of the body & panels in primer but not sure on color yet. Was thinking of the Gun Metal & blacking out the wheels & interior Matt Black with Grey accents on the seats & other panels. You guys have any other input on Colors for this Raging Bull ? I also purchased the detail set for this kit which is the Aoshima.

Edited by Metalmad

Only thing thats disappointing about this kit is that there is not much engine detail to this kit.

True, but It has better engine detail then the Fujimi version does :lol:

I remember one issue I had with mine, it was with the engine cover hinges, I could not get the engine cover to sit flush , and never determined the issue, so I had ended up taking them off

Only thing thats disappointing about this kit is that there is not much engine detail to this kit.

You can buy engine & drivetrain of ebay but it is quite pricy,45-55$. I was considering getting for a hot-rod project.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have a set back on this build. Had laid the paint on then after it dried sanded out some small blemishes and taped off areas to be reshot then while removing tape touched area that was reshot & messed it up so now I'm striping the body in brake fluid. Disappointing but just have to move on and be just a little more patient.

Edited by Metalmad

I hear ya mate! Working on the same kit, with the full detail engine, & I've had to strip it twice now! The colour went on perfect, as all Zero paints do, but I've been having issues with the Glasurit 2-pack clear. Both times I've clear coated & both times I got little fish-eyes all over the body. I've since learned it may be caused by the syringe I use to draw the clear/hardener out of the cans with. Apparently the very minute amount of grease in the syringe can cause fish-eye? & I believe this to be very true... I've never had issues like this previously, as I've never used a syringe to get the paint/hardener out before. So I'm gunna go back to the way I normally extract it & hopefully the clear coats will turn out as they're supposed to... :-)

Hope you get some good luck too mate!

Cheers Cliff

Thank You ! My issue was just not being careful & taking my time with it. So last night I took a little break from the Lambo & the Hemi Dart (It's in Final assembly) and was searching some pictures of the Aventador and came across a Super Charger that can be purchased for the Aventador so It got me thinking (Scary !) so I may give it a go to scratch build one for my build since there is not much engine detail to this kit.

Edited by Metalmad

Used Dot 3 & since the paint was still pretty fresh I only left it in the fluid for about 24hrs & every once in awhile I would take a tooth brush & hit the small nooks & crannies to dig out the loose paint. If its paint thats already gassed out & cured I usually would leave the body in for a couple of days.

Hope this helps!

Just a tip for both you guys... Easy-Off oven cleaner doe's the job quicker, cheaper & less messier- fresn paint or cured. Only thing to be wary of is fumes. Do it outside with a mask. Let the body/parts sit over night & wash with warm soapy water/toothbrush ;-)

Cheers Cliff

• 1 month later...

Been awhile since I've had time to work on the Aventador so here are some updated pictures. It's coming along slowly plus I've been working on the final assembly of the 68 Dart. Just wish I had more time to build but sometimes there are more important things in life that come first.