Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 GTX

grunt0341

i highly doubt that, that there 69 GTX is an "M" code car. The Six Pack came out in 69 1/2 for the Super Bee and Road Runner. In 1970 is when they came on Coronet R/Ts, Super Bees, Challenger R/Ts, Charger R/Ts, Superbirds, Cuda's, Road runners, GTXs, and very few Sport Furys.

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/440.html

Edited by JasonC

Although it's not very trustworthy, Google shows several '69's with the six pack. Either way it's his car and hey, could be a retrofit. It's a good looking build so far. Dan- I find that a mechanical pencil works great for painting tire lettering. It gives you great control and pinpoint accuracy. ;)

Wow...thank you so much for all your feedback. I'm not going to pretend to be a mechanic...I built what I saw online when I did some "homework" on the 69's. Next time I'll do better research. I hafta to get one of those mechanical pencils...hands not nearly steady as it used to be :wub: . Semper Fi to all the other Jarheads ...0341 mortars.

Hey don't sweat it! It's your build and you can do as you please. I just got the impression that you was going for a bone stock car. And i was just pointing out one of the inaccuracies that 69 GTXs didn't get an 6BBL option. I had this kit many years ago and wouldn't mind getting another one and making it look like the 68 GTX i had in real life. Seeing that they didn't make a 68 GTX model that i know of. But build on! I'd like to see it finished.

http://round2models.com/models/amt

Hey don't sweat it! It's your build and you can do as you please. I just got the impression that you was going for a bone stock car. And i was just pointing out one of the inaccuracies that 69 GTXs didn't get an 6BBL option. I had this kit many years ago and wouldn't mind getting another one and making it look like the 68 GTX i had in real life. Seeing that they didn't make a 68 GTX model that i know of. But build on! I'd like to see it finished.

follow the link you your '68.