Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 1970 Snake and Mongoose Resin "Hot Wheels" Dragsters: new project 3/24/13

Hello........this is my next project.........I will be building the 1970 Snake and Mongoose Dragsters........these are 1/16 scale resin body kits and decals from: J T Graphics.Com..........my friend Paul Cadwell AKA "2 WL" here on MCM forum hooked me up with the donor kits Revell: 1/16 Prudhomme "Wynn`s Winder" and the Revell: 1/16 Beebe & Mulligan Dragsters...........I built the original Monogram 1/25 scale kits when I was a kid........now that I am a "BIG KID" I want to build a bigger version of the dynamic duo.........thanks for looking

DSCF7164_zps7e8cbb11.jpg

DSCF7163_zpsccd2f69a.jpg

DSCF7162_zps8dcda511.jpgDSCF7158_zps9deed8dc.jpg

DSCF7160_zps658c1692.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

John... I am super excited that you are doing another drag racing subject and that its in 1/16th scale too. These are going to be some killer builds and I am looking forward to following along. I know you will knock these builds out of the park.

Hello........thank`s guys for the interest in these two builds..........I got both chassis put together ......and engine blocks and fuel tanks........all the chrome is being stripped .........tomorrow I will assemble everything I can,that has two halves to it and clean all the seams.........thanks for looking.

DSCF7167_zpsc2a831d6.jpg

DSCF7166_zps924891ff.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Hello........thanks guys for the kind comments.........all chrome has been stripped.........I started glueing all halve pieces together........I got the engines and the front and rear axles mocked-up........The "Snake" has different valve covers than the Mongoose........so I dug out some valve covers from my parts box and modified them to resemble the 'Snake"valve covers......tomorrow I will modify a few more parts.......thanks for looking.

DSCF7176_zpsdea3d951.jpg

DSCF7174_zpsd11ebfa9.jpg

DSCF7172_zps7650165d.jpg

DSCF7171_zpsb9c13f58.jpg

DSCF7169_zps1bd2bdd9.jpg

DSCF7168_zps61a54952.jpg

Looks like you're off to a good start John and I'm glad you're back to modeling drag racing subjects (as that's my fav).

I'm sure you've been asked before but I would like to know what sort of glue or adhesive you use for mock ups?

Thanks in advance, KB

Looks like you're off to a good start John and I'm glad you're back to modeling drag racing subjects (as that's my fav).

I'm sure you've been asked before but I would like to know what sort of glue or adhesive you use for mock ups?

Thanks in advance, KB

Hi Ken.......this is the glue I use for mock-up........you can get it a "Michaels" for around $1.25.......thanks

DSCF7180_zps8a064bf0.jpg