Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 1970 Snake and Mongoose Resin "Hot Wheels" Dragsters: new project 3/24/13

This is gonna be so good. I've collected a few 1/16th scale FED kits myself and am really liking where you're going with this John. I'm in the front row with my popcorn. With the speed you build, I only hope that I don't miss something if I have to run to the bathroom. :-)

John.... this is starting out great. You know I will be following along for sure. I can't wait to see more on this build. I love those front wheel. I need to find me a set for sure. I keep looking but havent found one yet for a goot price...lol

Brad... you need to start one of those 1/16 th scale kits too ;)

Hello.......Charlie,Brad,Chris.......thank you for the kind comments..........I got the wheels mocked-up.........I modified the headers........and got the body mocked -up........I still need to make a few adjustments with the upper body panels........thanks for looking.

DSCF7191_zps8fd740d8.jpg

DSCF7182_zps83b04aad.jpg

DSCF7192_zpsea050d17.jpg

DSCF7198_zpsacdad602.jpg

DSCF7184_zps185d60dc.jpg

Hello.......Art, Ray.........thanks guys for your kind comments.........I re-worked all the radius rods and steering linkage.......I also made some throttle linkage and I used some "Pro Tech" linkage pieces.........I will work on the engines tonight..........thanks for looking.

DSCF7219_zpscb4d0260.jpg

DSCF7225_zps0a7c8951.jpg

DSCF7218_zpsa6f4ac56.jpg

DSCF7231_zpsc1d65d6e.jpg

DSCF7232_zpsc6a1bf8a.jpg

John, another great start! Where did you get the front wheels?

Stephen.......I got the wheels awhile back from GMP die cast..........I had purchased all the 1/18 scale scale dragsters........we had a Earthquake here in Cal. a few years ago.......and some of my die cast fell from my shelfs and some wheels got damaged......so I asked them to replace them for me........they gave me a few extra sets.......I am using them on these builds.........I will make them re-movable so that I can use them on future builds ........I thought the wheels that come with the Revell kits look to cheesy.........I think these will look better.........thanks.

Hello.......thank you all for the following these two builds and for the kind comments........I finished these builds and have posted finished pictures in the "UndrerGlass" section.

APRIL FOOLS APRIL FOOLS APRIL FOOLS

I bought and built these two 1/25 Monogram original kits in the original boxes about 6 years ago off Ebay.......they both had a few parts missing........even though not very many parts in a sealed kit.......I doctored them up a little using parts from parts box........I am glad that I pulled out these builds for pictures......I noticed that they both have a push bar and a wheelie bar........ that I will add on these 1/16 builds........I will have progress photos tomorrow........happy April Fools day..........thanks for looking.

DSCF7199_zpsdef77fc1.jpg

DSCF7241_zps5f3cd916.jpg

DSCF7242_zpsd11b9222.jpg

DSCF7244_zpsc87f93c5.jpg
DSCF7248_zps68478af5.jpg
DSCF7250_zpse5e902a9.jpg
DSCF7251_zpsd5ab25e2.jpg
DSCF7253_zps4de2b59c.jpg
DSCF7254_zpsac32e165.jpg
Edited by John Teresi