Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 1970 Snake and Mongoose Resin "Hot Wheels" Dragsters: new project 3/24/13

John, WOW! they look great! like the different metal tones for the front/rear covers for the blower and the pop-off valves on the manifold are nicely done, are they made with springs/wrapped wire?? Keep it going Bud! and as always thanks for using my products on your awesome builds.

Charlie

Pro Tech

Have never posted but have been watching various builds on this forum for awhile now...I consider myself to be a pretty experienced modeler with a very critical eye for detail, color combinations, weathering, etc., and I must comment:

These motors are so incredibly detailed and beautiful and the metal finishes and washes look so real, that it literally looks like you could prime the injectors and start the things up....These examples are among some of the finest, most realistic metal finishes I've ever seen and the overall effect is jawdropping....

There is such a huge difference between a "paint job" and a "scale paint job" and your mastery of the latter is amazing to see, right down to the most minute fitting....Your work is absolutely stunning in it's accuracy and craftsmanship....You sir, have a real gift.

Best Regards,

Lee H.

Edited by Chi-Town Hustler
  • Like 1

They look great John. Are the connectors/brackets that connect the blower scoop to the barrel valve pieces that you built? I assume they didn't come with the kit, and I see they are not photoetch since the rod that connects them is round and not flat. Looks excellent. And I agree with Art - very cool to see both going at once.

Hello.......thank you all very much for your kind comments.......I really do appreciate them :) ...........the engines are finished....I added the fuel pump,oil pump,throttle springs,gauges and the bell housing..........and everything is plumbed .......I added "ProTech": wire looms, nut and bolt ends, guage faces and braid line.......I modified the fuel tank and painted Alclad........I also attached the oil filters painted H.O.K. sunset Pearl Tangerine and Alaclad.......I also attached the front end wieghts painted Alclad and weathered...........I will work on the seats and cock pit area tonight........thanks for looking.

DSCF7324_zps59e800d2.jpg

DSCF7325_zpsf80af5bd.jpg

DSCF7327_zps0739440a.jpg

DSCF7329_zps43d00b18.jpg

DSCF7335_zps229e4b98.jpg

DSCF7336_zpsf8c8b9f9.jpg

DSCF7339_zps219c40a1.jpg

Hello.......thanks guys for the kind comments.........I painted the seat Alclad and black..........I used a "Pro Tech" 5 point harness but, I modified it a bit.......I also added some "Pro Tech" nut and bolt ends to the seat.........I also modified the fire bottles.......and added "Pro Tech" gauge faces.........I will primer the bodies tomorrow........thanks for looking.

DSCF7377_zps4c62b524.jpg

DSCF7378_zps4cabf32c.jpg

DSCF7382_zps22ca7147.jpg

DSCF7383_zpsfc6e1fab.jpg

DSCF7384_zpsc20ca8e7.jpg

DSCF7388_zpsb35fdb18.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Ya know that feeling when your brain won't comunicate with your fingers so you can type out the appropriate words to describe how awesome you think something is? Yeah..................that's where I am right about now!