Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 1970 Snake and Mongoose Resin "Hot Wheels" Dragsters: new project 3/24/13

John when you shoot the Alclad do you clear it afterwords ? and if so what kind of clear?

Hi Seth......no,I do not clear coat the Alclad........and you have to handle it very carefully or it will rub off.......but,you can always Alclad over the spot that got rubbed off.......I have heard of people clear coating Alclad.......but,I do not know the procedure........thanks

Hello......thank you all very much for the kind comments........I really do apprecieate them.........I got he bodies painted and most of the decals applied.........just need to add a few more decals and give a clear coat .......then paint the underside of the bodies.......thanks for looking.

DSCF7417_zpsb6145555.jpg

DSCF7419_zpsc6f1a8e3.jpg

DSCF7421_zps7bd1ccab.jpg

DSCF7422_zps243e0da1.jpg

With the rate you're going, these will be done by next weekend and you'll have another stellar build almost completed by the time you head out to DSC next Friday. Really looking forward to seeing these as well as your other amazing creations on the tables at DSC9.

Hot dang...that's cool. I can't believe how fast you're blowing through these two rails and with all of the little details, I figure you must not ever sleep or even leave your bench. Hope to see these both soon.

I need whatever john is drinking so i can finish my Army Vega that quick ;)