Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 1970 Snake and Mongoose Resin "Hot Wheels" Dragsters: new project 3/24/13

Brad... you are right that these two are killer together. AND I really need to finish the Vega F/C but I will say that I may be having a lot more free time to work on the F/C depending on what happens with work. But I uave to agree that it wiuld be awesome to get the Vega in a few pics with these two beautiful dragsters.

I've been watching this build. You have done an excellent job. I love the final back drop photos, hard to tell they aren't the real thing.

Which brings me to a question. Back on page 7, thread 11, you have a head on photo of the engine in the Snake. I know you are working with the Alclad paints but did you do a wash on the engine, or does the paint come out naturally like that?

Looking at the front of the Blower it just has such realistic depth to it...Fantastic

Thanks Steve

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/23/2013 at 5:48 PM, John Teresi said:

Hello.......thank you all very much for the kind comments.........I really do appreciate them......... I finally got the finished decals applied on the "Snake" and "Mongoose"........I started to build the "Mongoose today.......all the parts are painted and ready to apply........I should be able to finish the "Mongoose" tomorrow........thanks for looking.

DSCF7528_zps0f36ddfc.jpg

DSCF7529_zpsc71c1031.jpg

DSCF7530_zps0f6817e4.jpg

DSCF7532_zpsa03815a8.jpg

DSCF7534_zps7595aca2.jpg

DSCF7542_zps84b438ee.jpg

DSCF7539_zps60731aef.jpg

Amazing!