Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Ford Highway Patrol

FIREMODELMAN

100_2810-vi.jpg

Just starting this build. I'm taking a older glue bomb and going to try and make a model out of it. This is one of the old Hobby Heaven kits I bought several years back. The body has been stripped, and will soon be ready for paint. The kit engine is wrong for a police car, so I opted for a small block from another Ford kit. It's done. I also made my own light bar for it. It's my home made version of the Mars Spectra System light bar. I used pieces from several kits, and scratch built a frame base. The chrome headlights were drilled out and clear ones installed. The trunk was also cut open and I plan on adding good stuff to it as well. Here are some pics. Thanks for looking,Dave.

100_2758-vi.jpg

100_2806-vi.jpg

100_2813-vi.jpg

100_2802-vi.jpg

Edited by FIREMODELMAN

Thanks guy's. I have a few updates today. I finished the engine bay, added fender wells from the original kit, just cut them off the frame and glued to the body. I'm using a frame from a different model BTW. Wheels are also now in place. Ride height might be a little high in the front,I'll work on that. Here are a few pics. Thanks for looking,Dave.

100_2823-vi.jpg

100_2817-vi.jpg

100_2821-vi.jpg

100_2822-vi.jpg

Here are a few updates. Most of the graphics are done, still need to add city name and state to drivers door badge. I decided to build up a city police car instead of the highway patrol, as my decals were not correct for what I had in mind at the start of this build. Cant make up my mind to which emergency light I want to use, anyone want to chime in , feel free. Here are a few pics.

100_2840-vi.jpg

100_2841-vi.jpg

100_2842-vi.jpg