Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Shelby GT 500

Porscheman

My older brother was friends with two brothers whose dad bought them Shelbys when they graduated from HS. ('69 & '70) For some reason, he didn't seem interested in adpoting a 3rd son...

I thought Revell did a great job on this kit, especially when compared with their blunt-nosed '69 mustang.

Nice job, Al! Which Tamiya red did you use?

My older brother was friends with two brothers whose dad bought them Shelbys when they graduated from HS. ('69 & '70) For some reason, he didn't seem interested in adpoting a 3rd son...

I thought Revell did a great job on this kit, especially when compared with their blunt-nosed '69 mustang.

Nice job, Al! Which Tamiya red did you use?

Thnak you,

It's Tamiya Brite Red spray TS49

This one's camping in my on-deck circle. What did you find tricky about it?

From what I can recall (I built mine over ten years ago) it mostly revolved around the tight fitment of the engine and front chassis during final assembly. I can remember that being a challenge, trying not to break stuff. The front valence panel was a bit wide, too, and could have been narrowed up some, though I didn't mod mine. Overall it was a great kit though, maybe it was just my dumb luck with the few finicky fitment issues.