Model Cars Magazine Forum

2014 Z-28 Camaro

makes me wish I would have been putting my extra cash into the bank instead of model kits and parts for my 78 Z28 could of put a nice chunk of chang down on a new one. No its a nice looking car but think I'll stick to my second gen Z 28 Camaro, besides mine has a 468

helz yeah!!! how soon til this is in styrene???

I suspect Round 2/AMT will have a curbside by 2015....Revell is so slow on new stuff they probably will get one out in 2017 after the 6th gen is out a year.. :(

Edited by Rob Hall

I'll see your Camaro and raise you a 2014 Ford Mustang Shelby 1000. Pumping 950 HP for Street Trim or Track Only 1,100 HP Super Charged.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1074565_shelby-showing-1000-hp-mustang-in-new-york

Regardless... That Camaro is a beauty.

Already a thread posted about it here

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=72865

I suspect Round 2/AMT will have a curbside by 2015....Revell is so slow on new stuff they probably will get one out in 2017 after the 6th gen is out a year.. :(

Rob, I dont know, thats really not that far away really, I think 2020 or later is better, cuz well all, If it aint from the 50s, Revell wont want to kit it

Edited by martinfan5

Already a thread posted about it here

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=72865

Rob, I dont know, thats really not that far away really, I think 2020 or later is better, cuz well all, If it aint from the 50s, Revell wont want to kit it

True..there are still plenty of 32 Ford and 57 Chevy variations for them to do....

helz yeah!!! how soon til this is in styrene???

If they dove in with both feet and 100% commitment starting today, it'd be at least 2 years, that's just simply how long it takes to make a model kit from concept to store shelves.

I would expect DoAllSer/AMT to do a promo since they're actually receiving input and design information from GM, instead of Revell, which gets none. Revell would have to wait until the 1:1 is on the street, then go out and find one to measure (or do it the old school way and work from published photographs, but that ain't gonna cut it these days...)

Edited by Brett Barrow

If they dove in with both feet and 100% commitment starting today, it'd be at least 2 years, that's just simply how long it takes to make a model kit from concept to store shelves.

I would expect DoAllSer/AMT to do a promo since they're actually receiving input and design information from GM, instead of Revell, which gets none. Revell would have to wait until the 1:1 is on the street, then go out and find one to measure (or do it the old school way and work from published photographs, but that ain't gonna cut it these days...)

What's a 'DoAllSer' ? Revell's lead times for new kits is absurd, esp. considering how fast Fujimi and Aoshima are able bring new models to market. I can understand if it is the corporate access, because Revell used to be able to bring new subjects to market in a timely manner--IIRC, the '97 Ford F-series kits, '99 Mustang Cobra, '99 Silverado all came to market in reasonable times, as did the '05 Mustang, Corvette, etc. Yet more recent subjects like the '10 Mustang GT and Shelby came out two years late. It's a non-issue for 40-70 year old subjects, but for current subjects it matters to be timely. DIecast companies release new subjects in a timely manner...

Edited by Rob Hall